Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Skripal Files book out in October '18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which regt he was in is not important...why would you think it was?

Who he has a 40yr history of knowing- is, considering the jobs they're both now in.

Considering his oppo of nearly 40yrs was in the same unit, at the same time, then SIS, then Orbis with Steele... and the 2 X D Notices from the Skripal case are shielding him from being mentioned in the media as SS's handler...all the while Urban is writing a book all about the Skripal Files while the case still hasn't got anywhere in over 18wks.

All the while Urban is the journo for state-tv?

I'd say it's massively relevant, now wouldn't you?

He’s not ‘the’ journo, he’s ‘a’ journo. There are plenty of others reporting on this story.

Which regt he was in is not important...why would you think it was?

He was RTR, you say. You are the 15 year ex infantryman. Work it out.
As for the rest of it, I can't even be bothered replying. If you go back on the other thread when your ban is up, we will speak then.
I grow tired of your rubbish.

@184461
You were banned from a thread on the Skipals because of your obscene language.
You start another thread pushing the same subject.
Members should be aware of your background

*Russian Troll*
He’s not ‘the’ journo, he’s ‘a’ journo. There are plenty of others reporting on this story.
Urban's the only man on this situation with all the connections.
It's not what ye ken, it's who ye ken.

Urban met Skripal many times back in '17.
Those details were finally admitted to on 4th July '18....months after the initial event, after being leaked.

Dhc0oLVU8AAVH6m.jpg

Dhm65-ZX4AAhhD0.jpg

*Russian Troll*
Wow, a journalist meets someone several times and decides to write a book about him.

What a revelation

I know, isn't it?

Wait a minute... were you being sarcastic?

An explanation is the very least Mr Urban should provide.

What's his defence, "I decided to write about Sergei Skripal being poisoned, so I just kept meeting him until it happened?"

Dhc0oLEUwAAPO7N.jpg

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
As for the rest of it, I can't even be bothered replying.
I grow tired of your rubbish.

Pretty much sums it up for me.

Me too!
Reported for being banned from one thread and starting another with the same agenda of pushing Russian propaganda on the Skripals poisoning an the murder of an innocent woman.

Urban's the only man on this situation with all the connections.
It's not what ye ken, it's who ye ken.

Urban met Skripal many times back in '17.
Those details were finally admitted to on 4th July '18....months after the initial event, after being leaked.

Dhc0oLVU8AAVH6m.jpg

Dhm65-ZX4AAhhD0.jpg

So he was already writing a book about him and his story prior to his poisoning? Makes total sense, it’s the kind of area Urban is interested in, especially as he very briefly knew the person alleged to be Ss’s handler. It makes far more sense than any of your theories, which make no sense at all. To anyone. Except you. Have you ever wondered why that might be?

And it wasn’t ‘leaked’. Urban said that he knew him on the flagship BBC current affairs programme, Newsnight, when he was interviewed about ... er.... knowing him.

Hardly a leak is it?

I know, isn't it?

Wait a minute... were you being sarcastic?

An explanation is the very least Mr Urban should provide.

What's his defence, "I decided to write about Sergei Skripal being poisoned, so I just kept meeting him until it happened?"

Dhc0oLEUwAAPO7N.jpg

Why should he provide an explanation? He already has. He was writing a book about an interesting character in a world Urban is interested in. That’s it.....

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Coming to all good bookshops in 3 months time.
The results of the ongoing and highly-successful plod investigation into the Skripal deception.

Considering the gov/plod/int investigation has officially gone absolutely nowhere and the official-line is a fairy tale,
Urban's book that's out in Oct, but being advertised right now, is highly likely premature and highly likely biased and highly likely Govt spin.

9117RMehANL.jpg

'The Skripal Files is the explosive story of the poisoning of Sergei Skripal and the new spy war between the West and Russia.
The Skripal Files is based on hours of exclusive interviews Skripal gave before his near-death with number one bestseller Mark Urban, diplomatic and defence editor for BBC Newsnight. 4 March 2018, Salisbury, England. Sergei Skripal and his daughter Yulia were enjoying a rare and peaceful Sunday spent together, completely unaware that they had been poisoned with the deadly nerve agent Novichok. Hours later both were found slumped on a park bench close to death.

Following their attempted murders on British soil, Russia was publicly accused by the West of carrying out the attack, marking a new low for international relations between the two since the end of the Cold War. The Skripal Files is the definitive account of how Skripal's story fits into the wider context of the new spy war.'

I should imagine you'll all want to be getting this riveting comic as soon as it comes out.

Does anybody else think that Mark Urban (also a 2lt in RTR with D Notice/ SIS's Pablo Miller) is being slightly premature and not at all suspicious?

Dhqre1aXUAEwvLl.jpg:large

PO Urban (centre row far left) PO Miller (centre row far right) 1979.

Always try to remember this work is brought to you by the same people that brought you this story backed by zero evidence, proof or facts ... on 20th July...

DiqB0NIXcAA0iB4.jpg

We need a new law to punish the Skripal poisoners

And this on the same day...
DikjWetX4AIvDkE.jpg

4E6DBEA600000578-5973953-image-a-16_1532077985116.jpg

1 day after the Minister of State for Security told the media they were talking out of their holes
Die_-nUXkAAQkp6.jpg

But guess which story gets the headlines?
Hint: It wasn't the Minister of State for Security.

Like the whole Skripal thing, if they'd have taken their time before jumping to serious conclusions they may have had a better chance of pulling-the-wool.

Knocking a book out about a whodunnit, well before any investigation has been concluded is desperate and dull.

It should be a great read.
anigif_sub-buzz-5731-1472500999-12.gif

*Russian Troll*
100% whataboutery.

When you can't convince, confuse?

What have we all said about making convenient and leading assumptions?

Then:
1] Pre existing cached stocks.
2] If sealed and boxed, maybe suggestive of a production line rather than bespoke production. Therefore a possibility of many such items.
3] Possible evidence of a long term plan. For example, caching and then use as appropriate either on a small scale for target assassination or on a larger scale on the run up to war etc.
4] Possible indicator of the fear and confusion effect for future use. For example, drop a few boxes around which look like expensive perfume. What person wouldn't look such a gift horse in the mouth?
5] Superficially deniable if sealed.
6] Long term storage in inert glass manufactured in the right way.

What did I say a week ago about Songbird being the vessel to push the line?
And doesn't he look very well considering he went down with sooper dooper NA poisoning?

Just don't pay any attention to the contradictions to his own story that he's already made or you, too, will be a Russian bot and Putin troll..

1) "He also mentioned that he vaguely recollects there being an odd ammonia-type smell from the perfume."
Novichok victim's boyfriend says she sprayed nerve agent on her wrists

Has become.... 'Very little odour.'

2) The research was dangerous, with no known antidote from the Novichok strain. Just a few milligrams — the weight of a snowflake — were enough to kill a person within minutes.
Uglev recalled a terrifying moment when he accidentally dropped a tiny amount of a Novichok-class agent on his hand.
"I rinsed my hands with sulfuric acid and then put them under tap water," he said, adding it was the only way to survive.

Chicago Tribune - We are currently unavailable in your region

Charlie 'Songbird' Rowley...'My hands were covered in it and I just washed it off under the tap.'

Even though Uglev dropped a tiny amount on his hands and the only way to get through it was to wash his hands in acid.

3) “Charlie said she then gave the bottle to him and somehow it splintered or broke in his hands. That’s how he must have got contaminated.”
Novichok victim Charlie Rowley became contaminated after breaking bottle, brother says

Has become....'I ended up tipping some on my hands but I just washed it off under the tap...'

4) Dawn Sturgess supposedly took 15mins to go down with NA poisoning from the most deadly NA on the planet.
After covering herself in the stuff.

Not 30secs- 2 mins
Not 4 hrs.
And not the previous whatabout timeline of 12-24hrs.

5) Bizarrely he now has no recollection of when or where he found the packaged-up perfume bottle but he's sure it wasn't in the QE park in Salisbury.

If he has no idea where he found the item how can he now discount an area?

At least this means plod can stop bumbling around Salisbury, trying to look busy, eh?

When you can't convince, confuse.

Di44MGKXoAEepMx.jpg

*Russian Troll*
Me too!
Reported for being banned from one thread and starting another with the same agenda of pushing Russian propaganda on the Skripals poisoning an the murder of an innocent woman.
What are you afraid of?

What are you afraid of?

Many things but in relation to you nothing.

I do find you (that is the collective you because there are a number of trolls in shifts logging in under this user name) insidious, and lacking in any form of morals as you push Russian propaganda on behalf of the Russian government. I also find your constant posting tedious in the extreme as you add nothing and deflect everything.

Many things but in relation to you nothing.

I do find you (that is the collective you because there are a number of trolls in shifts logging in under this user name)

I’m sure 118 is a sole crusader for justice struggling vainly in a sea of fact based evidence, ie there’s only one of him. His posting times are consistent and his posting style never changes.

There are, however, at least 4 and probably 5 different Sergeys ie KGB resident, with different levels of English, belligerence and wacky theories. At least one of these is fairly intelligent and capable of holding a sensible conversation, the rest not so much.

I’m sure 118 is a sole crusader for justice struggling vainly in a sea of fact based evidence, ie there’s only one of him. His posting times are consistent and his posting style never changes.

There are, however, at least 4 and probably 5 different Sergeys ie KGB resident, with different levels of English, belligerence and wacky theories. At least one of these is fairly intelligent and capable of holding a sensible conversation, the rest not so much.

Of course, my mistake. When reading what our friend 118 (1844611) posts , we have not really noted a number of different levels of English and the use of pseudo military slang with one and broken English with the other and we really have not noticed the shift times or the belligerent pushing of Russia good, UK bad agendas. Nope. Not at all. Never. Noooooo....

LancePrivateJones

MIA
Book Reviewer
Of course, my mistake. When reading what our friend 118 (1844611) posts , we have not really noted a number of different levels of English and the use of pseudo military slang with one and broken English with the other and we really have not noticed the shift times or the belligerent pushing of Russia good, UK bad agendas. Nope. Not at all. Never. Noooooo....

Perhaps Mr Psychobabble might put a bit of effort into confronting our Russian friends rather than criticizing those that have been fending them off thus far.
For somebody with such strong opinions he seems fairly new to the conversation.
I might be wrong but I have no recollection of him during the last furious phase on the other thread.
Maybe he just likes telling people what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads