The site gone askew.

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Letterwritingman, Jan 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I can't be alone; I dread the ill informed and sometimes antiquated posts that purport to be curent thinking. CO's, if my int is right and the info from 'Purple Flash' is credible, then your now looking at a potential 'Pink'?

Can we not somehow differentiate between the two? I value the support given by civillian members of ARRse, I do however resent the 'shit' produced sometimes, by people who have no connection or intimate knowledge of the current 'Forces Thinking'

2. Are you suggesting some sort of colour coded labelling system for different categories of ARRSErs?

3. And would that be broken down hence:

1/ Army Serving (6 or less years)
    2/ Army Serving (6 to 12 years)
    3/ Army Serving (12+ years)
    4/ Former Army (out for less than 3 years)
    5/ Former Army (3+ years in civi strasse)
    6/ T.A.
    7/ Civilian with no service

4. What colour would those of us still serving who meet the above criteria be. :?

5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Nothing for Crabs/matelots? :roll:

6. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Or how about making people wear different colour stars? Say, for instance, yellow or pink? These could be worn on the avatar, and even on their clothing.
    And perhaps those who have never been a lean green fighting machine, a steely eyed trained killer could be re-classified as untermensch?

7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Jesus guys, get over yourselves. Yes there is a bit of crap written by some with no knowledge of what they're talking about but I find a mouse click gets rid of that.

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

It's been suggested a few times before if memory serves. Fairly sure that the COs kicked the idea into the long grass.

9. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I for one would like to know how you police such a thing (send me details of your red/blue book before you can enter). Next time I'm in need some good current info I'll give you a bell.

It is the internet and MOST people give help and advice as they see it - even those currently serving. It is not, and should not be treated as gosple.

10. What a bone idea, but for those of you who would like to know, I served 10 years, got out 4 years ago.

12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Well my opinion must be more important than yours as I did 13 years, so there.

13. There are too many shades of grey with this whole colour thing ( see what I did there :D )

With TA you have people who have done their fair share of tours. Would you have different colours for where they have served, how many they have done?

With Civilians too, you could have one person who has grown up as pad brats and/or married a serving person and has quite a few years of army life under their belt, then you have someone who is a student studying for their degree and has absolutely no connection besides posting on arrse. Yes, some do seem to get a might confused and because they have been on here for a few months think they are the font of all knowledge but you need to take all posts with a pinch of salt.

Plus you forgot a section for journos. Oh, possibly the journo was a pad brat or has serving relatives. Gosh, we're going to use the whole colour spectrum at this rate!!

14. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

But do not trust a guy who has done 22 because he has most probably forgotten more than you know :D

15. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I know what you mean, my Dad did 26 years and he's forgotten almost everything now. :)