Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Singapore Grip

Just where were the location shots taken? That ride in the open car through the 'chinese' area, with so much electric light in ever open building. Even in 1956, I found lit up shops/restaurants and cinemas to that level were only in the main town area of Singapore

According to IMDb, filmed largely in Malaysia (KL and Penang).

KnockKnock

Old-Salt

Attachments

• DSC02140.JPG
    DSC02140.JPG
    903.5 KB · Views: 42
It’s not a great adaptation but the title of the book is the title of the (allegedly) satirical novel on which it’s based, which dates from the late 70s. It’s not a modern writer trying to be controversial.

This adaption hasn’t had good reviews from anyone, whatever political persuasion their employer is.

Thanks for the info... ..so it's an old skool writer trying to be controversial.

I hope the author took great delight in explaining the book's title to all the laydees.

Maybe Shabba read it too?.....

KnockKnock

Old-Salt
Just what is the 'grip'? The only grip we tried to avoid, was when on leave in Penang 1956, the girls on the game (not lady boys) crawled under the table where we were eating in local eating joint and attempted to put their hands up our shorts. That's an unexpected grip that makes you swallow your food!

Just what is the 'grip'? The only grip we tried to avoid, was when on leave in Penang 1956, the girls on the game (not lady boys) crawled under the table where we were eating in local eating joint and attempted to put their hands up our shorts. That's an unexpected grip that makes you swallow your food!
Read the book and all will be explained:)

Fanny muscles ....the good ones feel like someone shaking, you hand, and then undoing your wristwatch :)

Just where were the location shots taken? That ride in the open car through the 'chinese' area, with so much electric light in ever open building. Even in 1956, I found lit up shops/restaurants and cinemas to that level were only in the main town area of Singapore
Think it was India.

Apparently not.

Did anyone bother with Episode 2?
I’ve deleted the first two episodes from Sky+ as a result of reading a few reviews and a few posts on here. I’m not feeling the love and life is way to short!

I watched second episode last night, found myself asking if this is supposed to be a comedy? Makes everyone in uniform look like a complete buffoon.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Why can't the verdammt luvvies EVER get the detail right ?

Scene with the colony's chief Vetinarian talking to Singapore leddies about how to accustom their fur baby pampered pooches to them wearing a gas mask.

So...it's 1942 .......and of course the Vet gets to demo with an S6 respirator..... W4NKERS !!!

1601240317995.png

Christ onnabike people - it's not Feckin' HARD izzit ? :fume:

1601240391379.png

Last edited:
Why can't the verdammt luvvies EVER get the detail right ?

Scene with the colony's chief Vetinarian talking to Singapore leddies about how to accustom their fur baby pampered pooches to them wearing a gas mask.

So...it's 1942 .......and of course the Vet gets to demo with an S6 respirator..... W4NKERS !!!

Didn't bother after the first episode, and that just confirms it was the right decision.