The Simpsons, which state do they live in?

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by chocolate_frog, Feb 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK, I appreciate this might not be the best forum to put this in, but I figured I would get more Americans on this forum than others, and they are likely to have much of the infomation needed.

Having just watched the The Simpsons episode "Two Bad Neighbours", Lisa states that Springfield in Simpson State is one of nine states that former President George H W Bush (aka Bush snr) claims residency of.

Does anyone know which states these nine are (is it even true as I can't find much on the t'internet)?

If anyone knows of any reason to strike them from the list of potentials for the Simpson State please feel free to add it to the thread.

My list of possible resident states are (and I use the term state loosely)

Commonwealth of Massachusetts - his birthplace.
    Connecticut - where he was raised.
    Texas - where he now lives (and his actual state of residence)
    Maine - his retreat.
    Florida - where he holds an annual fishing competition.

Just hoping to narrow down the possibilities for the state that the Simpsons reside in.
  2. The only information I can offer is when Marge is reading her address down the phone she says "Springfield Ohi--ya Maud!" as Maud Flanders walks in...

Hardly geographically correct but there you go.
  3. Other residents admit to shipping goods in from Washington (DC or state? I don't know).

They also get lots of Spanish TV - Texas/California? Or maybe it is just available everywhere.

And they do seem to be in the desert, mountainous area.
  4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

usually, when Homer is around, they are in sh!t state :donut:
  5. From:

6. No, I think you will find it IS real.
  7. you are right there :thumright:
  8. Matt Groening, the creator, is from Oregon--where there is a Springfield.
  9. Showing just how much Simpsons I watch...

In the Brasil episode Pepe says to Lisa that he wanted to write to her but he didn't know what state Springfield was in and she replies basically it's easy to work out if you think about it but never says what state. MrsCR gives the best example of the non answer typical in the show and whenever letters arrive the on the bit where the state would be shown there is a thumb covering the state and zipcode.

They AFAIK never reveal what state they live in and Groening AFAIR said he wanted to keep it that way. Happy to be corrected though.
  10. Presumably you need to see which of those states has a "Springfield" in it? Or do they all?
  11. Northern Kentucky, that's where I live! Ah crap! More jokes about Kentucky...
  12. Is there a state that doesn't have a Springfield?

A road sign on the outskirts of Springfield reading "Mexico City 678". The only American state within 678 miles of Mexico City is Texas.

David Silverman, a director for the Simpsons, has claimed that Springfield is in the fictional state of "North Tacoma" (or "North Takoma"). This is substantiated by the state abbreviations NT and TA used within the show. However, this has never been officially confirmed in any canonical episode of The Simpsons or by other Simpsons producers. And on Homer's Driver License the state is NT and the zip code is 49007, which is a Kalamazoo, Michigan zip code.

Probably the state of Portmeirion!

14. Good Spot!!!!!