The Shooting Show 2010

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by vvaannmmaann, Dec 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The event at Newark.
    Is it worth it? If so anyone got a contact for free tickets? I know 11 quid is not much,but I enjoy these things even more if it's free!

2. A number of us went last year. Ugly was along. It was ok, £11 is a bit steep - you'll see it all in a morning, a bit longer if you take in all the gundog shows and so on.

3. What are the details for the show?

4. Its also quite expensive to have a (very small) trade stand. Given that most RFDs hardly sell anything firearms-wise at shows, most of my muckers are steering clear. Seems a bit short-sighted; I would have thought it'd be better to keep fees almost to a loss-lead level, in order to try and swell the show to the size they aspire to.

5. a British shooting show? Can't be much to it!

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

As E_S said we went last year, we will be having a trade stand and it is expensive but anyone who goes will be sure of a welcome in the Gundog area. The wifes business has really worked out this last 3 years and we can just about justify that level of expense, as we dont have a shop front business yet our overheads are kept low enough for us to keep costs reasonable and prices low.
    I ran into a few friends there this year who almost sold out on the Saturday. We dont expect that level of return but if we can do as well as we do at a summer game fair then we are happy!
    The HBSA have a stand there next year and if you can get to the event it is worth going as a fair few traders sell of last years stock at a really good discount. I certainly made my entry money back on one purchase alone!
    That said I went with a big wad of notes to buy a couple of rifles and went home empty handed!

7. CountryGal

CountryGal LE Book Reviewer

Is there much difference between the sat and sun?

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Oh about 24 hours! Honestly though the saturday was hectic according to last years traders but sunday despite being very busy didnt mean too much queueing to see anything!

9. CountryGal

Sweet - I need a new clay gun, have pennies as a xmas treat, might wait till feb now ;o)

10. Might see you there. I have a nice English s/s boxlock that would fit you actually. Good price. It's my brother's, doesn't fit him so has been for sale forever.

11. Hahaha, she doesn't want a relic.

She should go for a Beretta 682 E Gold :)

12. CountryGal

Prolly be the sunday for me I hate queues ;o)

13. Unless dogging ;)

14. I was offering the gun not myself! :)