The Shield

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Higround, May 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yet another post by me :D

Awesome cop show, the strike team are just dirty as fcuk and they get away with it most of the time.

Should be an inspiration for the filth, er I mean police forces around the world...

2. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Third Watch & NYPD Blue are far better!!

3. Third Watch is class and they've finally pulled their finger out and the first season is out on DVD 22nd May for about 35 quid I think

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

And having real fire/paramedic & cops in the cast adds realism too.Did you see the 2 parter non fiction one on FX about 9/11? Very poignent.

5. I tend to pick up ent's officer jobs on my travels (Due to having a large and varied DVD collection)

The Shield is without doubt the most popular tv series I've seen. Fast, gritty action, violent, decent characters, definitly edge of seat stuff etc

I've yet to meet the man who says this is sh_t. Usually one episode is not enough

I sat with a bunch of ruffty tufty oil worker while watching the last episode of series one, when the credits rolled, they all sat there in almost shocked silence, followed by deep exhalations , eyebrows raised and facking hell that was mad, when does series two come out gimp, type utterances

If you haven't seen it I'd definitely recommend it

6. Too much man arrse in NYPD Blue. I do love The Shield, but I'm a Law & Order guy at heart.

7. Vic Mackie rules - the bit when he 'interviews' the paedo with the phone book is brilliant. I have seasons 1 & 2 but missed all of season 3 when it was on the TV as it was past my bed time...

8. Going to watch all of season 3 and probably season 4 this weekend, I just can't get enough of it, the sh1t they get up to is class. Especially right at the end of season 2....

9. Absolutely love the shield and i'm not usually a fan of police drama's. Finished watching series 5 about a month or so ago and i really cant wait for series 6 i want to see how all the loose ends are tied up.

10. Re Third Watch, there are 6 series yet they only show the first three? Anyone know why?

11. I missed season 3 as well, I particularly like the one where he has Shane Vendrell clearing out the homo prostitutes.

"You're shirt is gay enough for the job"

Classic!

12. Did anybody watch the season finale last night?

Fucking immense.

13. The best thing on telly after the Sopranos - but no it has not come out here yet so don't spoil it for me.

14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Shocking finale at the end.....Wonder if Vic [ DELETED BY MOD BECAUSE I HAVEN'T SEEN SEASON TWO YET EITHER AND IF YOU SPOIL IT FOR ME ITS A BANNING FOR YOU!!! ]

15. Is this season 6??

Sparky