The Shield-New series

Heads up,
The final series of 'The Shield' starts on Five US (Sky Ch 174) this Monday 16th Feb at 2200Hrs & repeated an hour later on Five US+1.
Spike

Contrarian said:
Cheers for the reminder. Quality broadcasting. Does anyone know if Glenn Close is in this series?
She isn't, she was only in one season. Surprised UK is getting it so late, we have already seen the end of the final season here.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
I've had it on dvd for few weeks, but I havent dared watch it. Vic's got to go down hasnt he? he's got to answer for everything.

Vic's either going to go down for the lot or go out in a blaze of glory. I can't see it ending any other way.

baboon6 said:
Contrarian said:
Cheers for the reminder. Quality broadcasting. Does anyone know if Glenn Close is in this series?
She isn't, she was only in one season. Surprised UK is getting it so late, we have already seen the end of the final season here.
We always get programmes so late here,often the Sat channels get them quickest with the terrestrial channels months later.

...and its ended. Not the ending I'd expected and a bit of a let down, does it leave it open for a follow on episode? I doubt it but it'd be nice. Roll on the DVD release to complete set!

Mr Happy

LE
IT was certainly a very strong series. I could see if getting re-launched ohne Mackey as a basic gritty cop show perhaps wrapped around some of the remaining characters.

Mr Happy said:
IT was certainly a very strong series. I could see if getting re-launched ohne Mackey as a basic gritty cop show perhaps wrapped around some of the remaining characters.
Could see that. Looked seriously narked with the desk jockeying :D

Now to try and get into The Wire.