The Shetland Airlift - Sponsored by Tesco!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by k13eod, Dec 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Tesco airlifts supplies to restock Shetland shelves

Thank fuck for that ... I thought we wouldn't be having sprouts with our Christmas dinner.

• Like Like x 1
  2. How many cans of chicken supreme will fit in a Herc? Value chicken supreme, that is...

Should keep you going for a month or two.

3. We have a turkey, potatoes, sausage meat and stuffing mix.

What we don't have is veg! It was like a plague of locusts had swept through Tescos yesterday and just for a moment I thought the Mayans might have been right.

4. You should be grateful that they're not being delivered by submarine. Fuck knows where they'd end up.

Can't wait for the MoD_RSS feed on this...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bollocks, surely? There are eastern airways flights in and out of the place most days.

If you are still struggling I'll bring you a bag of tatties from the rig when I pass through sometime round about after boxing day.

6. Probably on a fucking sandbank somewhere!

Hercs coming from Norway apparently?

7. I have spuds mate. Brussels is what I need. And parsnips.

8. That'll overcome his absence of veg on Xmas Day...

9. No problem buddy, leave it with me I'll see what I can sort out for you.

In fact could I be necky and ask you to keep me a seat? Im due off on xmass eve but I reckon we'll get stuck in the Shetlands.

Did I say one seat, I meant 12. Cheers mukka, obvioulsy we'll bring all the veg.

10. The last time a riggie offered me his veg he failed to mention the meat ... sore for a week I was.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Sorry pal, didn't realise we had already met.

Right I'm off to work I'll let the lads know Ive got a table booked in for us on xmass day, cheers mate you're the best :)

12. When I agreed to visit the Shetland Isles at the end of January, I didn't appreciate just what an adventure it could turn out to be! My initial concern was of having the correct gear to keep warm and dry. Now it's "will I get home?!" :lol:

13. Weather so bad ferries cannot sail,but it is ok for aeroplanes to fly?

14. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

Surprised they have a tesco's up there! I thought it was all Co-ops certainly is on the other isles the robbing bastards

15. No problem. It's the big house with 'Danger Mines' signs around it.