The Shame of it - Daily Mail and the little baby seals

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Whiskybreath, Dec 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK, so I saw this achingly beautiful photograph:

[​IMG]

...and the heartrending comments of the Mail readership beneath the headline:

"The little orphan seal pup swept in by the storm"

Her mournful eyes could melt the stoniest of hearts. And her expression reflects a life that has been storm-tossed and sorrowful.
    This grey seal pup was separated from her parents when gales and torrential rain hit their breeding grounds on the Isles of Scilly.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1232950/Rescue-centres-inundated-orphaned-seals-torrential-storms-hit-pupping-season.html#ixzz0YlhqR6Sw

But then the dark side of the British Middle Class Media Censorship and Bunny Hugging er.. Fraternity showed itself in their most sinister light. I received this threatening message:

"We have received a number of complaints about the comment you made on article "Rescue centres inundated by orphaned seals after torrential storms hit pupping season"

"Your comment has been removed"

I am incensed. All I did was mention my favourite hardwood baseball bat. Bastards.

When will they ever learn etc?

2. Let's see the full text of the comment then?

3. Hmmm, hardwood? Near all that moisture and damp, you'll get a fungus lad. Aluminium alloy's what you want! Tsk, standards.

4. Know the worrying thing....I looked at the photo and thought the same thing.

Join Arrse turn into a psychopath with a little help from your new friends. :twisted:

5. The sport of kings.

[​IMG]

6. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

"Canadian Club on the rocks, please.?

7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Why not just ram that pole down its mouth, out of its arse and turn it into a self basting kebab?

8. Can I have chips with mine?

9. Is it just me, or is the Mail getting even stupider then normal?

10. Send Tiger Woods missus, she's pretty good with a club.

Oh, and grem, can I have some chilli sauce on mine, ta.

edited for mongness

11. Please stop it , you're making me blubber! :oops:

12. I think that should read:-

Warranty void if seal is broken.

Hat, Coat Taxi!!

13. Club 18-30?

14. Seal shuffle into a bar and the barman asks it what it is having, the seal replies "Anything but a Canadian Club!"

15. Then how many after NAAFI break?