The Septics are moving to Clapham

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
A lovely part of South London and I am surprised many of us dont live there. Or go there. What with all the shopping opportunities on Streatham High Street of a Saturday morning, and Tooting Bec market within gobbing distance?

Tooting & Mitcham United Football Club commemorative mugs are still for sale. Half price before the Septics discover Morden on Avon was the birthplace of William Shakespeare and the home town of Winston Churchill. And HRH The Queen. And the Purley Kings.

Cor, lav a dak, Mayry Puppins.

Anyone want to buy a demo job in Berkley Square?

R

Reversionary_Modes

OK, so this one's a bit off the wall, even for you ID, but I'll bite, although I suspect I'll come to regret it.

How much are you asking?

TheIronDuke said:
A lovely part of South London and I am surprised many of us dont live there. Or go there. What with all the shopping opportunities on Streatham High Street of a Saturday morning, and Tooting Bec market within gobbing distance?

Tooting & Mitcham United Football Club commemorative mugs are still for sale. Half price before the Septics discover Morden on Avon was the birthplace of William Shakespeare and the home town of Winston Churchill. And HRH The Queen. And the Purley Kings.

Cor, lav a dak, Mayry Puppins.

Anyone want to buy a demo job in Berkley Square?
ermmmmmmmmm it's actually Nine Elms the US Embassy is moving to

Clapham? Streatham? Tooting? Mitcham?

Isn't it actually Battersea (or Nine Elms), pretentiously also known as South Chelsea?

(Beaten by Poppy - but I don't mind)

Most of the septics I know,working in the current location,have been told that they'll need to live on the same side of the river ,as the new Embassy at Nine Elms.Apart from the ambassador that is!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
putteesinmyhands said:
Clapham? Streatham? Tooting? Mitcham?

Isn't it actually Battersea (or Nine Elms), pretentiously also known as South Chelsea?

(Beaten by Poppy - but I don't mind)
Only to those who want to big it up and try to get more cash when selling their abodes.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
muhandis89 said:
Most of the septics I know,working in the current location,have been told that they'll need to live on the same side of the river ,as the new Embassy at Nine Elms.Apart from the ambassador that is!
Gosh. That loud noisy baseball team they used to pollute Regents Park with, will have to relocate to... er... erm... wassname of that park in south London that ginger bird got raped and murdered in.... wassname? The Wombles live there....

Whatever. I'm sure the Septics will love sarf London.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
TheIronDuke said:
muhandis89 said:
Gosh. That loud noisy baseball team they used to pollute Regents Park with, will have to relocate to... er... erm... wassname of that park in south London that ginger bird got raped and murdered in.... wassname? The Wombles live there....

Whatever. I'm sure the Septics will love sarf London.
Surely, they'll just move it to Battersea Park

TheIronDuke said:
<snip>...Anyone want to buy a demo job in Berkley Square?
Assuming that you're referring to Berkeley Square, why? What's there apart from a song-filled nightingale? :p

Do you actually mean Grosvenor Square, the location of the US Embassy since 1938?

Seems odd that the Yanks would choose to position their embassy in Nine Elms, though. Don't they know that Cabbies don't ply south of the river? And it's not exactly handy for the Tube.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
putteesinmyhands said:
Seems odd that the Yanks would choose to position their embassy in Nine Elms, though. Don't they know that Cabbies don't ply south of the river? And it's not exactly handy for the Tube.
Well it means that they won't have to trouble themselves overly with people seeking tourist visas... :twisted:

putteesinmyhands said:
TheIronDuke said:
The Wombles live there....
Milton Keynes?
Nah it`s concretre cahs wot lives in MK. The Wimbles live in Womblesomething.

putteesinmyhands said:
But far enough away from the effects of a briefcase nuke.....

The Septics are moving to Clapham....

That's them 'really up the junction' then

yes thank you....mine's the slightly stained mac.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C The NAAFI Bar 87
Peli23 The NAAFI Bar 4
alib US 82