The Septic Backlash Thread

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by CheekieNorthernMonkie, Jun 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Would anyone who, like myself, is feed up of reading septic gungho soldiers' creed and SF Association etc crap please rant here.

It's getting very complicated to keep track of them all, so one central 'backlash' thread might keep things tidy so we can put our feet up and enjoy a nice cup of tea!

W@nkers the lot of them :x !!!
  2. Creed of the United States Marine-"This is My Rifle. there are many like it, but this one is mine. My Rifle is my best friend. It is my life, I must master it as I must master my life. My Rifle without me is useless, without my Rifle, I am useless. I must fire my Rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will... my Rifle and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is hits that count. We will hit... My Rifle is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn it's weaknesses, it's strength, it's parts, it's accessories, it's sights, and it's barrel. I will ever guard it against the ravages of weather and damage as I will ever guard my legs, my arms, my eyes, and my heart against damage. I will keep my Rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other, we will..... Before God I swear this creed My Rifle and myself are the defenders of my country. We are masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life. So be it, until Victory is America's and there is no enemy, but Peace." - written by Major General William H. Rupertus, USMC during WWII Picture Pvt. "Pyle"(Vincent Donofrio) from Full Metal Jacket chanting that in the head at P.I. as he prepares to shoot Gunny Hartman. :twisted:
  3. "Jest Funnin ya"
  4. The last line in that "creed" says just about all that needs to be said about the US vision for the future of the planet.

"there is no enemy but Peace"

Yeah I removed the comma :wink:
  5. "until Victory is America's"

oo err.
  6. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Ok Cheekie, here is some "light" reading, while your having your tea and foot rest! Cheers!

Enjoy! :wink:
  7. You missed a bit, don't worry though I added it in for you :twisted:
  8. The US must be the only country who makes films about their highly professional army getting their arrses kicked by farmers and shop keepers.
    Particularly liked the bit in Black Hawk Down where the US special forces were rescued by Pakistani UN troops.

9. Croydon has a very high 'refugee' population of Somalis. I took Mrs Mukhabarat to see Black Hawk Down at what used to be the Warner Village and there was about 20 of them filling the rear of the theatre [septics reading this please be aware of the correct spellings used in my posts].

During the film when the Somalis were scoring hits against the septics the b*ggers were cheering and whooping to the point the manager attended and like a majority of the audience told them to shut up or get out. They actually apologised and kept quiet after that.

You get history re written all over the place by Hollywood - only the septics did anything in WW2 and I'm sure they must have tried to rewrite the scenario surrounding WW1 also.

I just love the way they boast how they came help us when, in reality, they were tricked into joining in by the Zimmerman Telegram for WW1 entering in 1918 [hang on - it ended in 1918] and it took the bombing of Pearl Harbor to drag them into WW2 half way through.

Imagine how Rorke's Drift would have ended with the septics fighting the Zulus. [An accurate account of battles from the Zulu Wars can be read in 'The Washing of the Spears' for anyone with an interest].

Anyway Filbert Fox - who said it was a highly professional army - says something when the Pakistanis do the biz for them with outdated 37 webbing and SLR's
  10. There's a clue. :D
  11. Well, it was directed by a bloke from South Shields - who started off doing Hovis adverts.
  12. That's because the event is too recent and too well documented to be turned into Hollywood "history". If it had happened 50 years ago, the film would have shown the Americans winning and cast the Pakistanis as evil, duplicitous and in league with the Somali warlords. Or perhaps the Pakistanis would have been replaced with British soldiers cast in that role - there's nothing like a bit of Perfidious Albion to make a film popular in the USA.
  13. Nice sites there Trip_Wire. Just a pity that there aren't enough hours in the day to post a list of British victories though ;)

Oh, and interesting to note that the causes for the British defeat in the War of Independence are remarkably similiar to the causes for the American defeat in Vietnam. But that's got to be entirely different right?

In a spirit of reconciliation, however, both our nations are currently engaged in the same conflict and, as the saying goes, you're only as good as your last war!
  14. aww cmon. all this creed stuff is an identity. like baseball caps gun crime and mcdonalds etc etc gives them an excuse to be different

"like tea, cucumber sandwiches bowler hats and servents named jeeves" quoted from a septic soldier in subway a month ago after telling him i wasnt australian i was british (he was confused that our flags are the same.) :roll:

you gotta love em!
  15. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Well Filbert, you are not quite correct, about the rescue or the battle! I suggest that you go to the website below and read the contents. In the mean time, here is an excerpt about the rescue:

"Early the next morning, a joint task force was sent to rescue the trapped troops. It contained soldiers from Pakistan, Malaysia, and U.S. soldiers of the 10th Mountain Division. They assembled some 100 vehicles, including Pakistani tanks and Malaysian Condor armored personnel carriers, and were supported by US A/MH-6 Little Bird, AH-1 Cobra and MH-60 helicopters. This task force reached the first crash site and led the trapped soldiers out. The second crash site was overrun; the lone surviving American was taken prisoner, but later released."

As for why we didn't have APCs or Tanks there, I'll leave that to the Clinton administration's incompetent Sec of Defense Appointee's to explain.