The search for Lowas continues

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by BBear, Mar 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Anyone know any shops that sell Lowa Patrol boots (non-goretex) around Milton Keynes or London? I've searched high and low, and really want to try on the boots before I spend so much dosh.

Cheers guys!

2. Sorry also to hi jack your thread BBear, but i also have a footwear question - would be greatful if anybody knows if they do a jungle version of LOWA's or recommend a decent jungle boot!

I had a nightmare with the issue ones last time, because of the hardness of the sole. It killed my feet for ages! any recommendations and value for money!

3. Lowa seekers are of the same ilk as junglies, lightweight with fabric sides. Altberg do a jungle boot. Dont know what its like though.

4. BBear

Go to www.lowa.co.uk (the site is under construction)

Select Task force range.

then select stockists this will give you a map of the UK just select the region you want

5. Altberg Jungle boots (microlite)(?) comes highly recommended, albeit only by me! They are yards better than those issued by pusser, or even the slightly more in vogue US jungle boots. Another bonus of Altberg boots is the rot-proof stitching, leaving your footwear intact, unlike HM's finest.

LG

6. i have lowa and altberg. go for the altberg, comfier, more supple, lighter and cheaper

7. Ah, back to topic. Lowa boots. If you have any sort of lower limb issues (MTBS. shin-splints etc), pop and see the friendly Unit MO and see if he'll give you a chit for non-issue boots. I've been resourced this way for years, on account of being prescribed orthotic insoles that do not quite fit inside the issued road-slapper. Saves me hundreds of pounds on boots.

LG

8. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

Ah, all interesting guys. Cheers!

9. HM supplies in camberley sells them and I think they are open sundays as well. I bought some a few weeks ago

10. bitter and twisted if you are after a better jungle boot try the lowa seeker parachute, you can get the from RVOps the military shop on arrse, hope this helps

11. Thanks for the info guys - again BB apologies for hijacking your thread - i think i am going to plum for the altbergs as i have heard lots of about them.

No disrepect to RVops - as i was 29 Cdo myself and they do good kit there.