The Scum - Yid, Pikey, Towel Head (To name but a few)

#2
Bad_Crow said:
Can anyone see Honky???
Does anyone use that word outside of Cheech and Chong/Shaft movies? :D
 
#4
Even I didn't think the Sun could be this hypocritical. especially in the case where they have a young lad not liking being called a chav. correct me if I'm wrong but I am sure this is a word that the Scum use on regular occasions.

Plus they are now going on about how immigrants help the UK, I am sure in the past they have slated immigrants for all kinds of things.

I don't read the Scum often so I could be wrong.
 
#5
Cpl_ripper said:
Shame I can't see "Middle class w@nker"
:lol:

They could run that one under a picture of their boss Rupert Murdoch.
 
#6
jest265 said:
Even I didn't think the Sun could be this hypocritical. especially in the case where they have a young lad not liking being called a chav. correct me if I'm wrong but I am sure this is a word that the Scum use on regular occasions.

Plus they are now going on about how immigrants help the UK, I am sure in the past they have slated immigrants for all kinds of things.

I don't read the Scum often so I could be wrong.
Didn't they run a 'Proud to be Chav' campaign for a while after the word was published in the OED?

Pikey said:
I stopped going to school because I just didn’t fit in and had tutors instead. I didn’t feel comfortable there... It will just get worse and I’m worried my background will be a problem when I want a job.
No, moving around every three months and not having an education will be a problem when you want a job. Discrimination is the least of your worries.
 
#7
Bat_Crab said:
jest265 said:
Even I didn't think the Sun could be this hypocritical. especially in the case where they have a young lad not liking being called a chav. correct me if I'm wrong but I am sure this is a word that the Scum use on regular occasions.

Plus they are now going on about how immigrants help the UK, I am sure in the past they have slated immigrants for all kinds of things.

I don't read the Scum often so I could be wrong.
Didn't they run a 'Proud to be Chav' campaign for a while after the word was published in the OED?

Pikey said:
I stopped going to school because I just didn’t fit in and had tutors instead. I didn’t feel comfortable there... It will just get worse and I’m worried my background will be a problem when I want a job.
No, moving around every three months and not having an education will be a problem when you want a job. Discrimination is the least of your worries.
I think she was an ex pikey.
 
#8
It seems such a shame to miss an opportunity to have a dig at the "Chav Scum", mmm maybe I'm just a working class W@nker with a work ethic.

E & D Adviser
 
#9
I've just had a look at what the scum had to say with regard to racist issues & people being called names.

I'm what you would consider mixed-race. My Father is British; however, my Mother is of North African descent.

I've had my fair share of racist comments hurled at me, mainly at school, a few times in Basic Trg & in my initial army career. It is very rare now, in today’s environment that I have been on the receiving end of name calling.

Before I continue, I would like to point out that the following names are classed as being acceptable in modern society:

Swedish people are called Swedes.
Australian people are called Aussies.
Polish people are called Poles.

All the latter being abbreviations of the former.

It got me thinking, reading the article in the scum, the term "Paki" is used as an insulting word, it is obviously an abbreviation of Pakistani, therefore why did Pakistani people get so upset at being called Pakis?

Don’t get me wrong, I am NOT condoning it, I just wondered when it first became apparent that the word would be classed as insulting?
 
#10
Where are the sh1tstabbers, rozzers, flids, mongs, soap dodgers, Tim-Nice-But-Dims, Sloanes, coffin dodgers, etc etc?
 
#13
Further to Gnr R.

We asked the scum if we could use the said two pictures as part of an E and D awareness in the Army presentation that we deliver .......certainly said the sun that'll be £25 each please!

Thanks for helping us, any of you misers reading this

Newspaper of the forces - yeah right - newspaper of anyone as long as the price is right more like!!!!!!!
 
#14
The pikey said:
You do get treated differently. I stopped going to school because I just didn’t fit in and had tutors instead. I didn’t feel comfortable there.
Translation: "like the rest of my group, I have no need of education, because society will just have to adapt itself to me."


The pikey said:
As I got older people shouted “Dirty Pikey” at me. It hurt.
Translation: "it was obvious because of the amount of cheap gold jewellery I wear. Everyone recognised me as a member of a criminal fraternity and unsurprisingly expressed their disapproval."

The pikey said:
It will just get worse and I’m worried my background will be a problem when I want a job.
Translation: "Obviously, I have no intention of ever working - for one this would involve paying tax. Why bother when I can just do what the f*** I like and take other people's stuff. Of course, I will blame my unemployment and your lack of understanding of our unconventional attitudes towards property ownership on discrimination towards us. The question of employment is totally hypothetical anyway because I will be married at 14 and will scarcely be employable, because I will be a totally uneducated pikey."
 
#15
What about us anyway - how many times have we been discriminated against .... You aint comin' in tonight .... no squaddies and f***ing squaddie w@nkers etc
 
#16
I notice they didn't have "Arse Fcuking Gay person" -that would be one step too far, even for the Sun.
 
#17
The latest tribal insult has to be calling someone a "Bliar". i.e. of a family group consisting of a collection of work-shy sweaty liars, social climbers, traitors, freeloaders, drunkards, parasites, .... etc ....

A variation of Pikey I suppose. Apart from the social climbing bit
 
#18
whiffler said:
The latest tribal insult has to be calling someone a "Bliar". i.e. of a family group consisting of a collection of work-shy sweaty liars, social climbers, traitors, freeloaders, drunkards, parasites, .... etc ....

A variation of Pikey I suppose. Apart from the social climbing bit
Well, that and the fact they tend to be found in expensive areas of central London rather than caravans in Bromley
 
#19
Well I thought it was fcking great! Maybe The Sun are not being hypocritical maybe they are realizing that they need to change with the
current mood and attitudes of the people at large. If thats the case then
good!

Are most British people a bunch of morons who scream 'its political
correctness gone mad', every 5 minutes ringing up Jon Gaunt and spewing bile about people who are not like them or are they actually
tolerant, decent people?
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#20
Pikey said:
I stopped going to school because I just didn’t fit in and had tutors instead. I didn’t feel comfortable there... It will just get worse and I’m worried my background will be a problem when I want a job.
Can’t imagine there’s a great deal of schooling required to re-surface driveways or go door to door selling heather and clothes pegs though?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads