The Scum at it again, ridiculous

So why couldn't the Police stop it?

Who in fcuks name do the scum think they are?

do they have special fcuking powers that stop them being arrested for blowing things up?

Does this mean that anyone, with the farmers permission, can blow anything up if they so wish?

What is a newspaper publisher doing with explosives?

Too many questions not enough answers!

Having just read the news report on the BBC website reference the explosion set off by the Sun newspaper outside Ashchurch Camp.

I was wondering why these people were not arrested. This would teach the reporters a lesson and hopefully prevent them from carrying out these stunts and publishing alarmist headlines.

I regret to say this incident has made your force look quite ineffective.

Have sent this via the gloucester police website i await their reply

FFS what do the Sun think thay are playing at, what do they think they are trying to prove?

There must a law somewhere that can be used against them especially in this present climate.

Can you imagine what peoples response must have been when they heard the explosion, or did they sens all the local residents a letter informing of them of the stunt to sell newspapers.

Makes my blood boil, as if the Police don't have enough to deal with at the moment.

Rant over

Cnuts

I swear to god, there should be a section 69 in civ div. Sort these tree hugging soap dodging fcukin jornos right out.

The Police couldn't stop them because they weren't doing anything illegal. All concerned must have had the required permits etc etc.

Where in gods name do you get permission to blow a car up?

devilish said:
Where in gods name do you get permission to blow a car up?
I don't know the rules and regs but I'd think that if it's your car, on land that you have permission to be on and the guy actually blowing it up has the required permits and the safety rules are complied with it's no more a problem than any other demolition job.

Perhaps the next time Rupert Murdoch meets Tony Blair to seek favourable treatment for his media interests and/or a continuing relaxed attitude towards the payment of corporation tax, the PM will take him to one side and have a friendly word in his ear about causing unnecessary distress at this sensitive time. Then perhaps he'll grab him by the arm, twist it up his back, march him screaming to the door of No. 10 and boot him out onto the street and into the gutter, where he belongs.

Then again, perhaps he won't.

Much as I hate the Scum I really can't see what is so terrible about this (admittedly pointless) stunt, provided all the permits were in place? Let's be honest the media of one sort or another is blowing things up all the while Top Gear makes a habit of it, as do various drama programmes and films.

As has been mentioned if you have the right permits, the right procedures are followed and it is OK for you to blow something up, ie it is your field/car or you have permission to use field/car. Then it is totally legal.

Bit of a knee jerk reaction to the paper in question me thinks.

Maybe they'll use it as a headline on a slow news day - In big, bold letters "CAR BLOWN UP OUTSIDE ARMY CAMP" and in teeny weeny letters underneath, "by us".

At a guess they'll probably have filmed the whole thing on a high speed camera, and will use the pictures in some sensational piece on what happens when you ram a car full of explosives and detonate it. Ie it spreads itself over a wide area.

Then they get Andy McNab, Chris Ryan or somebody to give their opinion. Maybe show how far the shrapnell went, what kind of shrapnell it is, that sort of thing.

Don't the public need this kind of information? It will give them that warm feeling when lying in bed at night.

I think that if no one gets hurt or disturbed too much why not blow stuff up its fun silly but this is just stupid non story .More
dangerous was the sun headline ira surrender ,because, We all know the ira are renowned for having no sense of humour over these things :? .

chocolate_frog said:
As has been mentioned if you have the right permits, the right procedures are followed and it is OK for you to blow something up, ie it is your field/car or you have permission to use field/car. Then it is totally legal.

Bit of a knee jerk reaction to the paper in question me thinks.

Maybe they'll use it as a headline on a slow news day - In big, bold letters "CAR BLOWN UP OUTSIDE ARMY CAMP" and in teeny weeny letters underneath, "by us".

At a guess they'll probably have filmed the whole thing on a high speed camera, and will use the pictures in some sensational piece on what happens when you ram a car full of explosives and detonate it. Ie it spreads itself over a wide area.

Then they get Andy McNab, Chris Ryan or somebody to give their opinion. Maybe show how far the shrapnell went, what kind of shrapnell it is, that sort of thing.

Don't the public need this kind of information? It will give them that warm feeling when lying in bed at night.
No but the published results might be good enough to go into the next terrorist training manual!

Cnuts!

have been in contact with the chief inspector of gloucestshire constabulary and he has cleared the situation up for me.

the police on the seen tried to stop the incident but there were no charges that they could make an arrest stick, including wasting police time.

he then forwarded me the suns reply to his own complaint to the newspaper which showed that the stunt and site had been authorised by the police explosives branch. So it would seem the BBC are possibly the ones guilty of sensationalism and poor research.

i will forward these e-mails on pm request as they are both quite long.