The scale of the present disaster

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Blogg, Dec 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fear not!

The Great and Dear Leader has assured us all will be well!

2. Good here isn't it?

3. Well, when the Mint start's printing £20 Million notes for general circulation, we can call them 'Gordos'

4. It's alright, Cyclops can always print off a few hundred billion. Nothing to worry about, honest!

5. were all going to die when will this maddness end?

6. I should imagine that Brown is probably the only Prime minister who has ever hoped & prayed that he will lose the next election. If Labour wins, he will resign due to ill health, therefore passing the problem to someone else.
    Alternatively, if they lose, Brown can sit grinning on the opposition benches berating the (presumably) Tories over the state of the country !

7. It is ok Sven/Ashie and Whet will be along in a minute telling you it was the Tories fault

8. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Nearly correct.........

They'll tell you it's all down to Maggie :)

9. Im not big on politics but I would NEVER VOTE Conservative. My god if you think its bad now just wait til they get in power

10. And yet they allow people like you to vote.

Do enlighten us about how it is going to get worse.

11. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Is this based on political wisdom or the fact that if you did your grandad wouldn't buy you any more smarties next time he picks you up from kindergarten.

12. You want 5 more years of Labour and Brown?

I suppose that those nasty Tories will turn the benefits tap off.... :twisted:

13. That's funny, the Secondary banking crisis of 1973 that started during the lying toad Heath's government and carried on under the hapless Wilson was caused by a crash in...(drum roll please) Housing prices.

Good old Wikki suggests that a combination of factors caused this. But there looks to be a number of factors of relevance to now....

Amazing.

14. I'm sorry, it doesn't matter who gets into power next year.