The SAS men setting up targets for Rummys killers

#2
Bin Laden was located by British signals intelligence experts in a series of caves at Tora Bora in the White Mountains, 25 miles southwest of Jalalabad; but the assault on the caves was badly botched and risk aversion mentality won the day. A combined force of SAS and SBS commandos was just 20 minutes behind Bin Laden, but they were pulled off to allow US troops to go in for the kill. It took several hours for the Americans to get there, by which time he had escaped.

oh dear god.....
 
#3
typical septics, wanting to grab the glory. But you would too, if he had killed however many thousand of your countrymen/women, wouldn't you?
 
#4
Back_row_roar said:
typical septics, wanting to grab the glory. But you would too, if he had killed however many thousand of your countrymen/women, wouldn't you?
No, I'd want him caught.
 
#6
dan_man said:
If we killed him that would be the worst thing, he would become a martr.
Ditto that mate.

the bobby sands of the Muslim world, dont bare thinking about ! or does it !
 
#7
To be honest, if 100% kosha 'they' are doing what the British Public pretty much expect them to be doing, that is taking the argument to the enemy and dealing with them. Me? I am 110% for it, about time too, far too much politicle nicety going on with this goverment, bring back Maggie!!!

What I dont want to see is the Jorno splashing it across the front pages, that just puts the good guys at even more risk, gives away too many operational details whether correct or not and warns off the targets. The first time the target should find out is about 0.0000001 nanoseconds before the lights go out ............. and with the spams removed from the actual target ident side of things there is at least a fighting chance that the right one will get taken out!!!

Free press not with standing, some times it is just better that they do not print some stuff, whatever happend to the old 'D' Notice? maybe its about time that a few selected jorno's went on 'holiday' ........................................... Permently.
 
#11
dan_man said:
Bin Laden was located by British signals intelligence experts in a series of caves at Tora Bora in the White Mountains, 25 miles southwest of Jalalabad; but the assault on the caves was badly botched and risk aversion mentality won the day. A combined force of SAS and SBS commandos was just 20 minutes behind Bin Laden, but they were pulled off to allow US troops to go in for the kill. It took several hours for the Americans to get there, by which time he had escaped.

oh dear god.....
There was a CIA team (Jawbreaker) on the ground that had gotten a hold of an enemy radio and had positvely confirmed Osama was in the cave.Osama nad his guys were getting a right shoeing from coalition SOF and the US Airforce.The team leader of the CIA team requested US Army Rangers days before the opeartion to block of possible escape routes but for unknown reasons that request was denied.Those same escpae routes that the CIA guys wanted to block off what was Osama used to bug out.I got this information from two books written by the team leaders of the Jawbreaker team.
 
#15
dan_man said:
Bin Laden was located by British signals intelligence experts in a series of caves at Tora Bora in the White Mountains, 25 miles southwest of Jalalabad; but the assault on the caves was badly botched and risk aversion mentality won the day. A combined force of SAS and SBS commandos was just 20 minutes behind Bin Laden, but they were pulled off to allow US troops to go in for the kill. It took several hours for the Americans to get there, by which time he had escaped.

oh dear god.....
smells of BS to me.
 
#16
There is a book out about SAS/SBS in Afghanistan. Apparently they weren't even deployed until a week after the US went in, due to problems with the RAF's Chinook HCs's. Even then they were relegated to failry secondary targets.
 
#17
AndyPipkin said:
There is a book out about SAS/SBS in Afghanistan. Apparently they weren't even deployed until a week after the US went in, due to problems with the RAF's Chinook HCs's. Even then they were relegated to failry secondary targets.
I have a vague recollection of that book. I think they were tasked with neutralising a taliban drugs/arms cache.
 
#20
I thought the book was a bit pants. IIR its nearly all speculation. There's a bit in it about some new "official secrets" thingy that the troops had to sign, saying that they couldn't write books etc about what they were doing out there. Made me wonder where exactly the writer got his info from...

T C
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
QRK2 Military History and Militaria 21
Effendi New Zealand 0
Black Sheep The Intelligence Cell 71

Similar threads

Top