The SAS: Bleedin' 'Eroes or Disease Ridden Wife Beaters?

An article in the esteemed Ludlow Advertiser has County Councillors claiming that the SAS often return from operations with sexually transmitted diseases and er, punch above their weight in the domestic abuse statistics.

Councillor David Summers claimed “It’s a well-kept secret but I’d say it is almost four out of 10 wives have suffered when their husbands get back."

Clearly not much of a secret now if it's published in a newspaper.

Councillor and former nurse Polly Andrews said -
"Just as an aside, I used to work in the sexually transmitted diseases clinic and we had a number of SAS personnel go through the clinic. I was overwhelmed with the success they had in finding partners in the most unlikely of circumstances.”

I would have thought a former nurse would have been more discreet about discussing such a specific group of patients' medical issues even if they are not named.

How would the nurse know if they're ninjas ?
Otherwise, a bloke under extreme stress not knowing what tomorrow will bring has the opportunity to empty the stones in country. And does so.
Bless me, there's a bloody surprise.
And hes seen shit and done stuff that haunts him, so he drinks too much and goes off on one at home.
Another bloody surprise.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Bear in mind this is a unit which boasts, not just a Wives' Club, but a First Wives' Club, a Second Wives' Club, a Third Wives' Club.....

What sort of Velcro badge do they get for their first dose?

ETA: FCuk pipped at the post.

Curious, Navy Nurse daughter spent time in Plymouth doing navy nursey things.

Her opinion of a soldier based section of the navy was " ...bunch of filthy knob rot bastards". She would not precisely identify the unit though.

"...we had a number of SAS personnel go through the clinic."
Sounds like a bunch of walts went through the clinic, and she believed their BS.
I'm sure the real THEM would have just told her they were dustmen or hoover salesmen

How would the nurse know if they're ninjas ?
Otherwise, a bloke under extreme stress not knowing what tomorrow will bring has the opportunity to empty the stones in country. And does so.
Bless me, there's a bloody surprise.
And hes seen shit and done stuff that haunts him, so he drinks too much and goes off on one at home.
Another bloody surprise.
Strip of black nasty across the eyes. Dead giveaway.

"...we had a number of SAS personnel go through the clinic."
Sounds like a bunch of walts went through the clinic, and she believed their BS.
I'm sure the real THEM would have just told her they were dustmen or hoover salesmen
And when they say “went through the clinic”, are they commenting on the morals of the patients or nurses?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
blackmetallic The NAAFI Bar 19
M Waltenkommando 144
LongStride The NAAFI Bar 93