The Sappers are full!!

#1
After a visit to the afco this morning to rejoin as a sapper after a f*ckin retarded decision to DAOR last january in basic i was told that the fine Corps are pretty much full and theres a vry slim chance of me ever getting back in. He suggested the infantry would get me a place if i wanted. Ive got a interview friday before he sends off the application to glasgow and im just wonderin whether you lot think its worth me still trying to push into getting in the sappers rather than changing to an infantry cap badge(most likely PWRR)
 
#2
The TA has vacancies (lots of) if you want to dabble while you're waiting for a full-time slot to crop up.

Who knows? You may get to prefer the idea. :)
 
#3
its definately somethin ill look into, leavin the first time really f*cks your life up tho. I think i might push it and still try for an application to the engineers if that gets rejected it may be infantry or something i dunno, im just craving to get back in
 
#4
More like the ACIO has quotas to fill....
Not full in the slightest! Stick to your guns and look for the info on rejoining, you should be able to virtually walk back into the same job within a certain time frame.
 

chimera

LE
Moderator
#5
Stick to your guns if you want to be a Sapper. The ACIOs are under pressure to fill infantry slots, but if you are grading high enough on the tests to be eligible to be RE then stick with it.

Try emailing the Corps recruiting team direct:

careers@royalengineers.com

for ground truth on the manning situation.

See also the contact details for the Corps recruiting team here at the bottom of this web page:

http://www.army.mod.uk/royalengineers/careers/further/index.htm
 
#6
Nice one lads, should be good, like i said ive got a rejoining itnerview friday so ill get em to send off to glasgow for me to go back in the engineers, i havnt got any problems grades or fitness wise, got out because i needed to grow up a bit, altho according to this discharge certificate my conduct was exemplary
 
#7
just spoke to the online recruiting team, they said there are vacancies from the 1st of april for my trade, so ill be sticking with it and become a sapper once more, how i will miss lichfield, pity thy are closing it
 
#9
littlenickoutthere said:
just spoke to the online recruiting team, they said there are vacancies from the 1st of april for my trade, so ill be sticking with it and become a sapper once more, how i will miss lichfield, pity thy are closing it
Good luck with it. Welcome back. (assuming you do get back)
 
#10
haha nothins gunna stop me gettiin back in, ive kept my fitness n stuff up, cant wait. As for lichfield i think they were closing it then changing it to a medical centre for civvies or something. Hopefully bassingbourns alot better, i.e cheaper naafi
 
#11
Good luck lad.

Although I must admit I only looked at this topic because when you named it "The Sappers are full!!" I thought it was about taking the p**s out of pie eating POMs.
 
#13
Well considerin i live but 15 minutes from chatham do you think my drinkings gunna really be that shite? nothing better than a saturday morning run followed by last nights pints
 
#14
Sapper145 said:
More like the ACIO has quotas to fill....
Not full in the slightest! Stick to your guns and look for the info on rejoining, you should be able to virtually walk back into the same job within a certain time frame.
I agree.
 
#15
you took daor in basic--so wasting a training place---if you re enlist i think you should pay for your basic training----couldnt hack it before---whats to say you wont bottle it again
 
#16
SmithsRail said:
Sapper145 said:
More like the ACIO has quotas to fill....
Not full in the slightest! Stick to your guns and look for the info on rejoining, you should be able to virtually walk back into the same job within a certain time frame.
I agree.
With being able to walk back into basic?

RTFQ. The lad needs to break into the Army gently.

Look, Littlenick, if you couldn't hack basic (though with your discharge cert, it seems that you're more than capable), then it may be better to wean yourself in slowly. Try the TA for a year. If you like it, and decide that the Army is really what you want to do, then go for Regular. If you don't like it, it's easier to quit. The TA will prepare you for the mindset that you need to go through basic.

If you're still undecided, give it another year.

It's a big decision, particularly if there's any doubt that either you're not giving yourself fully to the Army (because 100% commitment is needed) or if you have other commitments outside (again, cutting down on the 100%).

Just my view. I'm not always right, but I'd always advise looking at alternatives and compromises before committing, as I suspect you did in January.
 
#17
Pling said:
Good luck lad.

Although I must admit I only looked at this topic because when you named it "The Sappers are full!!" I thought it was about taking the p**s out of pie eating POMs.
Come on now, there's no way any POM will ever get full eating pies! :twisted:
 
#18
gaz137m said:
you took daor in basic--so wasting a training place---if you re enlist i think you should pay for your basic training----couldnt hack it before---whats to say you wont bottle it again
And your reasoning for this statement is?
 
#19
dont expect to get back too quick, have waited now for just over two years after i daor from unit, now have to go for yet another medical in feb as they are only valid for one year and still havnt got a solid answer yet! really plssed off
 
#20
Holdfast i quote "Come on now, there's no way any POM will ever get full eating pies! "
How is it every fcucking thread turns into a planty bashing contest not all poms are unfit and i would even go as far as saying that about 80-90% of poms are very fit.

Ever done The three peaks challenge a Plant Branch POM held the record untill last year for about 5-6 years
And a plant branch POM team won the event last year beating a good few knocker teams
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sid kangaroo Sappers 0
diehard57 Sappers 50
Raven2008 Sappers 0

Similar threads


Latest Threads

Top