The Saddest thing.

How observant, and considering i go to one of the top 3 grammar schools in my area i reject that statement and substitute my own :)
You go through a lot of worthers then?

Realising ive been in for 24 years with 11 months still to go. Roll on Dec.

How observant, and considering i go to one of the top 3 grammar schools in my area i reject that statement and substitute my own :)
Considering you live in Belfast, that's not an acheivement. Indeed, my worn down public school with the caved in roof and the peado Modern Studies teacher was probably still better.

The saddest thing I've ever seen?

Probably a woman outside the local Marks and Spencers giving a Big Issue seller a hard time by telling him he was a lout and he should get a job and all that.

It was sort of funny, and she wasn't totally wrong.

But fuck me, the look on the guys face was heartbreaking.

I just checked the calendar, and I've got less than 7 weeks until I cease to be thirty-something. That's saddened me!
The worst thing about being 40 is the thought that the next 'big one' is 50, and it will be along in what seems like five minutes. Oh, Happy Birthday for March.

What is really sad, the camp electrician having to work through lunch on the camp power plant, and some stupid sapper ignoring the caution signs and turning on the power subsequently ending the life of the poor bastard working through his lunch hour, the sappers comment, Oh didnt think!! that is sad

G

goatrutar

Nah mate, piece of piss 40 is. Wait till you get to 50 it's a ball. If I'd knew I'd live this long I'd taken better care of myself, or rather didn't go into Water Ops - my shoulders are fucked.
I think we all wish we'd taken better care of ourselves in hindsight.

Sad for them, hilari-arse to me - watching two of my cohorts suddenly come to terms with the fact they had just split roasted a gorgeous babe in BKK only to discover they had in fact just emptied their kit bags into a set of hollowed out bollocks - priceless and much merriment all round.

They made the cardinal error of focusing on the breasts, Adam's apple and narrow feline waist - always, always check the feet and hands.

Although I can say I had a hell of a lot of fun in the 20+ years, before I was 40 - which covered my Army service, I can safely say I have had a lot more - and varied - fun in the 20+ years since. And it seems to be continuing in the right direction with no sign of abating.

Although I can say I had a hell of a lot of fun in the 20+ years, before I was 40 - which covered my Army service, I can safely say I have had a lot more - and varied - fun in the 20+ years since. And it seems to be continuing in the right direction with no sign of abating.
I trust you enjoy wearing a lime green safari suit, have a nose as red as Rudolf's and spend all your free time in the Eden Club?

I'd be having a fucking ball no matter what the age if I was living your life of leisure, fuck it'd be like a perpetual 24 year old.

I trust you enjoy wearing a lime green safari suit, have a nose as red as Rudolf's and spend all your free time in the Eden Club?
Nope. I am sartorially boring and conventional, my nose ain't too bad, actually, and the Eden Club in Soi 7/1? .....found that boring too after the first visit. Enthusiastic amateurs or semi-professionals entertained on home ground are much more fun.

G

goatrutar

I'd be having a fucking ball no matter what the age if I was living your life of leisure, fuck it'd be like a perpetual 24 year old.
Why did Michael Jackson like twenty four year olds?

Because there's twenty of them.

I'll get my coat.