Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The S-word

Was going to start this thread.

Is it childish to admit i giggled at the top ten worst words!

Good on Tiger.

Pete

Did anyone see Dalziel and Pascoe last night? A small part of the episode was given to the use of pc in the workplace, and I was glad to see that Dalziel didn't have any of it.

So is spav like spiv? If it is, I don't think they'll be letting me play in the masters next year.

"My boyfriend uses this phrase - it seems to be the 'new thing' to say where he works! It really offends me and I have to keep moaning at him. I have a lot of disabled friends, and this phrase just implies that all disabled people are put into 'special buses' to be taken to places - and that all disabled people are only capable of 'window-licking' because they do not have the mental capacity to act any differently. Arrrgghh! It makes me so angry ... and anyway, what is so wrong with window-licking?"

Taken directly from the site - any of you lot responsible for this gem? :lol:

Really kind of them to include the "top ten":

1. Retard
2. Spastic
3. Window-licker
4. Mong
5. Special
6. Brave
7. Cripple
8. Psycho
9. Handicapped
10. Wheelchair-bound

:)

As 'spaz' is no longer an acceptable term to describe someone who is 'mentally challenged', surely it would be wasteful for us not to use it as an insult?

Ditto for the rest of Dread's top ten, otherwise we will be losing a part of our language and heritage forever...

chris951 said:
Good to see some of ARRSE's favourite words come 3 & 4 in the list of ten worst words!

Although it does mean that there's clearly room for improvement. Time to double your efforts, chaps.

Where's "Spakker"?