The Russians are coming!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by MrShanklysboots, Aug 21, 2008.

1. The Brits of course!

0 vote(s)
  2. The Sausage Swallowers.

0 vote(s)
  3. The Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys

0 vote(s)
  4. Steve and Sue Septic

0 vote(s)
  5. Anybody vaguely Oriental with an outsized Camera

0 vote(s)
  6. The Article is right - the Russian Bear beats them all.

0 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apparently - according to this article the Russians are the new Euro Hoolies on your Holibobs.

Is this true - could we have lost yet another of our World Crowns?

Over to the Raconteurs of the Naafi Bar for Judgement...........
  2. The new wealthy Russians are appallingly vulgar bullies, like any other nouveau riche who lacks the taste or temperament to cope with new-found wealth. For sheer irritation value, I'd go for Brits on tour any day. For one thing, it's usually my countrymen who embarrass me on holidays. Don't they know that's my own job?
  3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Russia's 'New Rich' are nothing more than chavs who've won the lottery when it comes to social skills.

Just my humble oppinion of course. That's not to say that British chavs who win the lottery are any better . . .
  4. I have to say, having returned from a Holiday where most Euro Nations were represented the only ones who went out mob handed were the Brits.

National Flag Shorts? Check

Lobster / Peeling Skin? Check

Hangover that would kill a civvy? Check

And that was just me........

There is a lot that rings true in that Article mind - appallingly young prostitute / wife and Chavtastic Jewellery were both on the list of the Russian Conspicuous Consumers in the resort where I was. The clink of cheap gold off glasses of ropey sparkling wine........ughhh.
  5. When I worked for an American company in the 80's (whisper, behind the Iron Curtain) the hotel I used to frequent in Warsaw had Septics one week and Russians the next. They had their own dining room because there was usually a large number of people in their parties. You couldn't tell the difference between them except for the national flags on their tables. They were all bl**dy arrogant, fat and had appalling manners. The Germans on the other hand acted as if they owned the place. We Brits just kept our heads down :)
  6. I know who the Georgians would vote for!!!!