The Russians Are Coming!

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Apr 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Do you seriously think public opinion will allow this to happen? There will be pictures of Chernobyl on the front page of every newspaper!

3. If they plan on building RBMKs, they'll be disappointed. I'm pretty sure the design is...well, illegally bad.

There are probably good reasons for keeping Rosatom out. Chernobyl isn't one of them.

4. Enough already with the alarmist schtick, the atom is our friend, Russian Oligarchs already own much of England and their security services have shown great delicacy in handling radioactive isotopes in London's Sushi bars so what is not to like?

5. Ah... good evening Dr Zoidberg!

6. Well, our water and power have been sold to the French and we are sharing a carrier with the french despite an upset public.

7. Well the les rostbifs that matter obviously trust the French, next they'll be eating eat moules marinières and taking huge unsecured loans from BNP Paribas.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Well if it makes you feel better a British company called National Grid bought up the electric companies in my part of Massachusetts.

By the way, National Grid really sucks. Totally inept at restoring power after storms. Last Fall we had real problems after a very minor hurricane. Good at travel plans though. The president of National Grid here moved her flight to Hawaii up by a day to make sure that she and her husband got off on their vacation before the hurricane hit.

9. I assume National Grid employ locals to do this work?

10. Illegal Mexicans surely?

• Like Like x 3
  11. You know what my first thought was after I read this? BP. BP rented a rig and along with that rig, the (US) workforce that worked the rig allegedly under strict yankee government regulations. We all know how that turned out......the workforce fucked it all up and then everyone blamed BP.

In this case one can imagine that the workforce being used is again US and the regulations dictating the companies working regime are US, probably much to the frustration of the British company. I can also imagine that the President that you speak of is from the good ole US of A as well. However, you are fortunate that the company is owned by a British company, as I hear the ones owned by US companies can't supply enough power, frequently causing what is known in the US as "brownouts". :)

12. I watched a program about that a few years ago. It seems that all wildlife is having a great time in the area and the radiation has little effect on them due to their short lifespan.......although small changes have been noticed in some animals....such as some of them being larger then normal etc.

• Like Like x 1