The rumour mill

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ugly, Feb 9, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

We all must have come across this particular individual, every unit was issued one. Ours was a youngish Lance jack name of Bob. Now Bob had a wicked sense of humour and could be counted on to start the rumours running, Usually just before a tour like Op Banner ended, all single men are being extended to assist new unit etc. Bob was a bottomless pit of one line wind ups. You're needed at the CSM/orderly room/gaurd rm etc usually ending up in unneccesary extras or a bollocking for wasting someone elses time. Bobs messages/rumours would have enough believability for the gullible to fall for. Yes I went to the chief clerk about once a week, though what he needed with a Chunky I never guessed. Problem was Bob was deadpan and he probably would charge you for disobeying a direct order. Do I or dont I? When let loose with requests on BFBFs in 666 he was deadly, how many birthdays did seaman staines at navy point have? Was Sp CSM really a left behind from Japanese Imperial Army?
    Lightened up all our grim days Bob, hope you are keeping well. I heard he was selling cars for a living but knowing Bob more of a laugh.