the rules of engagement

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by nargos, May 13, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the US and British ones on the web?

btw does being in the CCF (Navy) a few years back stop me from Laugh at, made fun of till the aliens come, placed in stocks and generally beaten around the head with comedicly sharpened bananas? For being a civi

2. Nargos, ask your editor - he might have them.

Being in the ccf won't make you a point of ridicule with grammar and spelling like yours!

3. FBW

FBW Old-Salt

it isnt it a bit late to be working JOURNO :evil:

4. I am civil engineering student and I was wondering about something but could not find it on the net so I have asked hear. Do you think that I would be a journo with spelling and grammar like mine?

5. For the Mirror or Curret Bun maybe! A strage question for a student hence the scepticism!

6. Besides, ROE's are usually protectively marked, havent seen the one for Iraq though. I would certainly hope they were not on the net.

7. why would a student in civil engineering want a copy of RoE?

Doesnt the one card fit all theatres now anyway? weve done away with the different blue card, yellow card, little off the shoulder number cards havent we?

Say hi to Piers for us.

8. All you need is to fake some RoE - Get a card, a crayon - write lies and publish. When presented with irrefutable evidence that they are fake just say they are an 'indication of current RoE used in Iraq'.

9. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Old-Salt Moderator

I blieve that both ROEs for specific operations, and the document from which they are derived, are RESTRICTED. I found a copy of a recent PARA set of ROEs, though...

UK PARA REG EYES ONLY
    JSP 398 (Airborne Edition)

GUIDANCE FOR LETTING RIP FOR AIRBORNE PERSONNEL
    AUTHORISED TO BE TOOLED UP AND LOOKING HARD WITH MORE WEAPONS AND AMMO THAN YOU CAN SHAKE A STICK AT

GENERAL GUIDANCE

1. These ROE do not affect your general right to be well hard and kick off. However, in all situations you are to use MFV (Maximum F#cking Violence).

FIREARMS MUST BE USED IF A SEVERE KICKING DOESN’T GET THE MESSAGE ACROSS

2. Your weapon must always be of the largest calibre available. That is, rifle 5.56mm are OK but the General is definitely the business and as for .50 cal - enough said. In the case of automatic weapons belt ammo is well ally. L96 is also recommended as it makes you look like a cold blooded murdering psycho.

CHALLENGING

3. Warn the cun£ he is about to get the good news unless:

a. He was asking for it anyway

OR

b. To do so would make you look like a ****** in front of your mates.

4. You are to challenge by shouting: “OI, YA HAT CUN£ - GET SOME OF THIS”

Or words to that effect.

USE OF LETHAL FORCE

PROTECTION OF THE BLOKES

5. You may brass the f#cker up if he/she is about to piss you off or commit an act likely to make yourself and the rest of the Reg look not as hard as you should be.

OPENING FIRE

6. When you open fire you are to:

a. Brass up the entire f#cking area;

AND

b. Get the General up as quickly as possible and give it big licks;

AND

c. Look well f#cking tasty throughout.

PROTECTION OF PROPERTY

7. B0llocks to it, if it looks Gucci, nick it.

D-2
    JSP 398 (Airborne Edition)
    UK PARA REG EYES ONLY

10. Just do what the Spams do, make them up as you go.

11. Nice one DM

I remember the old joke about a Vauxhall Astra!

Designed by Computer, Built by Robots, Driven by Joyriders, Riddled by 2PARA.