The Royal Yeomanry

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by yeomanrytillidie, Sep 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondered how many arrsers are from the Yeomanry.

2. Forgive my ignorance but what do the Yeomanry do? No insult intended there btw.

3. Yes, but RMLY

4. Say_again im RMLY i thought i was the only one on here. Ive sent you a pm so check your inbox

5. Swan about the training area wearing cravats and drinking pink gin I belive

ohhh Dr Evil will have me for that one :twisted:

6. Yeah, I couldn't get away to camp this year so I wondered if anyone else from the Yeomanry was about who couldn't get there either.

7. Yeomanry.... nuff said ECO btw!

8. ECO?? They seem like they have a bit of a laugh judging by those sites.

9. I spent 21 years with The Royal Yeomanry, albeit as part of the LAD. I left last year after 24 years TA service and a tour of the sandpit (Op Telic No Number) under my belt. 8)

10. ECO a laugh....depends if you are them or working with them

11. I am, as befits someone of twisted swagger and dashing mind, a Royal Yeoman.

The RY site on www.army.mod.uk has already been linked to. It's deliberately spartan, so that punters with modems can look at the fecker without croaking of old age first. For more detailed info on what the regiment actually does, check out www.westminsterdragoons.co.uk (describes W Sqn RY but much of the content is generally applicable to the rest of the regiment).

This advert has been brought to you by Tanqueray, official gin of the Royal Yeomanry.

12. I'm assuming they are all back from camp now then?