The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by down_under, Aug 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just downloaded "Highland Cathederal" CD by the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards from iTunes and I have gotta say it is awesome. I don't know how old the album is but it's fantastic. Yeah yeah I know... nerd!!! :thumleft:

2. Thank you, was great fun making it. I think we recorded it in 98 or 99.
    If you liked highland cathedral then you will love parallel tracks. This was recorded after Highland Cathedral and features a guest performance by Mark Knopfler from Dire straits.

Not sure if it is on Itunes but you can buy it on the website www.scotsdg.co.uk

3. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Not a lot of entertainment down your way?

4. No no, thank you. I've been out of a unit for a while that have the Pipes as the musical accompaniment. Like I said, Awesome. Always looking for more seeing as my cassettes no longer work. Good onya mate.

5. LOL. Yes, but now and then I love to sit back and listen to a good cd of Pipes and Drums. 8) I used to love being able to go to the Pipes and Drums Hut and listen live... but alas

6. The only problem is the lack of demand here in Oz and therefore no one stocks it. Which means paying through the nose in GBP. Oh well. Will keep searching iTunes.

7. one of our biggest markets was Oz. Im sure it will be available.

8. I will look again tomorrow. Forgive the impertanence, but who is regarded as the best Pipers in Britain/Scotland?

9. Also, I have added to the album with a rendition of "O Flower of Scotland" by Moira Kerr and one by Tommy Scott. Their styles are similar but unique if you know what I mean.

10. Thank you very much, just bought it. 8)

11. Do you mean Pipe bands or solo pipers.

Obviously the big grade 1 bands such as Shotts and Dykehead, Field marshall montgomery etc are superior pipe bands to the SCOTSDG.

But For all round ability the SCOTSDG can not be beaten. They could be doing street parades, beating retreats, large tattoos or live concerts with backing bands. Very few Bands could provide such a range of performances.
    I would also say that SCOTSDG sell many more CD's than any other band.

12. Mate, I'll take your word. From what I've heard you are Second to None. Alls I meant was P&Ds in the way of Military units. I have seen the massed P&Ds and also at the Tatoo. I was just looking into the rivalry is all.

13. you sad sad sad little men