The Royal British Legion’s official Poppy People launch

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by RachelC, Oct 20, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi everyone,

Have you heard about The Royal British Legion’s official Poppy People launch (LegionLive — Blog — Launch of London Poppy People) this year? Londoner Poppy Ward and her father Sgt Harvey Ward helped to kick off the drive. In 2009 Poppy’s Beaver Scouts troop helped to collect over £1,300 for the Poppy Appeal, and when she pounds the street with her dad this year to raise money for those on the front line and their families, she will be part of a new generation signing up to be part of the biggest volunteer army assembled in the UK this year.

The Royal British Legion is recruiting 300,000 volunteers to collect funds on behalf of the Poppy Appeal, so if you know anyone who would like to get involved do let them know!

If you are interested in being a Poppy Person volunteer call 0800 085 5924 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************0800 085 5924******end_of_the_skype_highlighting or email

2. Already sporting my Official Volunteer Collector's Badge - keep on shaking those tins folks.
  3. Who will be at the Westminster Arms after the Remembrance Day parade on the 14th? Several from here last year!!
  4. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Got my poppies and my Tin the absence of clear orders will commence ops at work on Friday (from when my car will also be sporting his own large poppy ;-) )

( Trust the revolting peasants aren't interfering with life on the Faubourg too much ?)
  5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Might be there.