The Royal Albert Hall

#3
I always watch the Festival of Remembrance (unless on Ops and don't get the chance) and it always brings a tear to the eyes.

Makes me proud to be British and a member of HM Forces.

RIP to all who can't make it thanks to the ultimate sacrifice.
 
#7
Just watching this - feeling very proud. I left the Army this year and will be attending church tomorrow to remember friend I have lost. Is it ok to wear my medals with civvies (suit). I feel that civvies don't see enough of the army and I feel very proud to have won my medals. Can anyone let me know or point me to where I may find out?

Thanks
 
#10
eezar said:
Just watching this - feeling very proud. I left the Army this year and will be attending church tomorrow to remember friend I have lost. Is it ok to wear my medals with civvies (suit). I feel that civvies don't see enough of the army and I feel very proud to have won my medals. Can anyone let me know or point me to where I may find out?

Thanks
IMO disgraceful if you DON'T! You earned em, you wear em! I'll wear mine and I've been out longer than I was in, now!
 
#12
Blazing_spanners said:
Yes you can wear them with your suit.
Suit? You some sort of oroficer sir?

You earned em, you wear em with pride - on your denim jacket if you want. The Queen didn't send me a chit with mine, saying: "Only wear them with your SUIT, young man!"
 
#13
3milesniper said:
Glad its not only me

RIP CSgt Phil Newman 20 Sept 2007 Afgan
My friend
RIP amen

You will never be alone again, 3milesniper. You are now a soldier forever - bet they didn't tell you that one when you signed up!
 
#15
eezar said:
Just watching this - feeling very proud. I left the Army this year and will be attending church tomorrow to remember friend I have lost. Is it ok to wear my medals with civvies (suit). I feel that civvies don't see enough of the army and I feel very proud to have won my medals. Can anyone let me know or point me to where I may find out?

Thanks
LC I was just answering the mans question.
 
#17
Blazing_spanners said:
eezar said:
Just watching this - feeling very proud. I left the Army this year and will be attending church tomorrow to remember friend I have lost. Is it ok to wear my medals with civvies (suit). I feel that civvies don't see enough of the army and I feel very proud to have won my medals. Can anyone let me know or point me to where I may find out?

Thanks
LC I was just answering the mans question.
Oops. Sorry if I hurt you with my touchiness. No offence was meant.
 
#18
barbarasson said:
Gordon Brown just shown, literally looked like he was falling asleep!! Eyes shutting, head lolling.
In fairness, I think he was praying! I don't much care for the man's politics, but don't doubt his sincerity on the religious front.
 
#19
Wessex_Man said:
barbarasson said:
Gordon Brown just shown, literally looked like he was falling asleep!! Eyes shutting, head lolling.
In fairness, I think he was praying! I don't much care for the man's politics, but don't doubt his sincerity on the religious front.
Yes. I agree. I said the same to the missus when he was shown.
 
#20
LurganCrow said:
Wessex_Man said:
barbarasson said:
Gordon Brown just shown, literally looked like he was falling asleep!! Eyes shutting, head lolling.
In fairness, I think he was praying! I don't much care for the man's politics, but don't doubt his sincerity on the religious front.
Yes. I agree. I said the same to the missus when he was shown.
Probably praying he wouldn't have to look anyone in the eye- for my money the cnut was asleep!
 

Latest Threads