The role of the Intellegence corps on operations.

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by overthere, Jun 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am seriously considering joining the intellegence corps (HUMINT). However I would like to make sure I would be in the action rather than being sat in an office in Bastion for six months (REMF). Am i right in thinking HUMINT is the way to go?

many thanks
  2. Not necessarily. You could end up being posted to Feltham for a couple of years.
  3. If I were you I'd have a rethink.
  4. why rethink? any suggestions? please dont suggest infantry (no disrespect intended to any one doing that job).
  5. Your lack of ability to spell "intelligence"
  6. You want to get out beyond the wire but you don't want to consider the thickest tree in the forest?
  7. haha... oh dear i think your right.
  8. The grammar Nazis are going to have a field day with you.
  9. Popcorn - check
    Beer - check
    Armchair - check

Gentlemen you may begin.
  10. Have you considered the infantry?
  11. Budge up.
  12. No intelligence
    No, Intelligence
    No: Intelligence?
    No, I collect spores, moulds and fungi.
  13. Good advice, REME, why didn't I think of that.
  14. I did think about joining the infantry. However my best mate not long joined the Mercians, four weeks after passing out was deployed to Sangin, and has been treated like crap in general since joining. I have a young family so dont want them messed about too much.
  15. Can I suggest a career as a Lumberjack?
    Leaping from tree to tree, as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia. The Giant Redwood. The Larch. The Fir! The mighty Scots Pine! The lofty flowering Cherry! The plucky little Apsen! The limping Roo tree of Nigeria. The towering Wattle of Aldershot! The Maidenhead Weeping Water Plant! The naughty Leicestershire Flashing Oak! The flatulent Elm of West Ruislip! The Quercus Maximus Bamber Gascoigni! The Epigillus! The Barter Hughius Greenus!

With my best buddy by my side, we'd sing! Sing! Sing!