The Rise and Rise of Teen Gang Warfare

What is the main contributing factor to teenage knife and gun crime?

• Rap music and American gang culture

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poorly handled immigration

• Poor parenting

• Easily obtained illegal weapons

• Poor policing

• Total voters
Once again stories abound of children being stabbed to death by other children;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6535477.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6538449.stm

I have to say I've had enough of this so called 'Yoof Cultcha'. People afraid to go out at night, kids at school stabbing each other as readily as I used to give out chinese burns when I was at school. How much worse can this get?

Just thought I'd try to get a view from fellow ARRSEers to find out how best to put the world to rights. That's what we're best at, obviously.

As i've said before I'm all for the little fcukers killing each other off as it's a few less to terrorise the innocent victims.

I'm all for use of a cattle prod on the little feckers ... and any group of more than two should be cs gassed. This could also be applied to MP's, grauniad readers and Arrse trolls.

WhiteHorse said:
A clockwork orange springs to mind..
Anything that keeps Dawn French off the TV is fine by me.

There was always a gang culture, at least where I grew up. There was some very serious fights too, particularly between different schools, but to my knowledge, no knives were ever used.

I voted for poor policing as they cant wade in and beat the carp out of them,id have voted for poor parenting, but as they will never know their fathers and most probably their mothers i didnt

It seems that you have identified all of the reasons, I believe are the causes except one DRUGS they are now probally the main source of income in areas where modern gang culture have taken control, given the choice between ekking a living with a job and makeing a lot more money by being part of the DRUG supply system it is unfortunatly a no brainer.

I would have to agree with goldfishfart. there are many variables and factors that make the sum. I would add weak government and general lack of morals.

It started through a weak government, that allowed the children of the time to grow with their chav ideals untouched. They then breed their 12 children and they all grow up getting arrested numerous times on the way, but always supported by rappers and their chav parents. These children will then develop their 'hoods' or gangs and start fighting for 'turf' while having their 12 kids and the vicous circle continues.

Chances are they don't work either.

I think it is the last 3 plus others such as we should have harsher punishments for the little sh1tes.

We were all probably given a clip round the ear when we were young, but perants can no longer do that incase they get done for abuse or something. Also police cannot just grab the chav by the scruff and lob him in the van etc.

Goldfishfart said:
There is an option missing from the poll, one that says: ALL OF THE ABOVE
I nearly included this but decided not to. You'll note the title asks for a main contributing factor. The poll suggests that these reasons are all already to blame, and if I'd included an 'all of the above' option, nobody would have voted for any of the others. I was merely trying to invoke discuss as to which cause is more prominent than the others, or which single reason may be an underlying cause for the others.

Disappointingly, I also included 'me an ma crew ain't seen niffink, whatchoo lookin' at?', but it failed to materialise on the finished poll. Shame.

I don't believe on going soft on the little fcukers... that is another main reason. The Policing of this country is now almost non existent. Going out to a gang who are shouting and causing a nuisance does not get the officers there bonus and means allot of paperwork for fcuk all..

I would also agree with the majority that parenting (from all races, colours and creeds) in this country for a fair percentage is awful. Getting Keith Cheggers too young and then practically abandoning the child/ren to the grandparents or whomever so they can then enjoy there youth.

First hand experience with this - my fcuking sister. Nephew is now a wee sh1te!

Wija72 said:
I would also agree with the majority that parenting (from all races, colours and creeds) in this country for a fair percentage is awful. Getting Keith Cheggers too young and then practically abandoning the child/ren to the grandparents or whomever so they can then enjoy there youth.

Agreed. Why the hell should it fall to the grandparents and the older people of a country (both here and back home) to school the little cnuts in right and wrong if they theoretically have parents out there somewhere?

Discipline starts at home. This is irrespective of culture, ethnicity or economic status. Respect for the fact that there is someone bigger and more powerful out there that can stop you from doing what you please also starts there, too.

Why DO the bigots keep rolling this out?

Last time it came up as a thread I pointed out that there have always been gangs bumping each other and the odd innocent off, indeed I referred to Victorian, Edwardian, between the Wars and post war eras - I even named certain gangs.

To claim bad immigration policy is ludicrous, did bad immigration policy claim the life of the Young lad in Edinburgh where the gang that killed him was all white, You may as well claim inbreeding. Similarly with music - 50 years ago they were blaming Elvis :roll: Easily obtained weapons??? In the 60s they were using motorbike chains and flick knives, in the forties they had firearms and in Victorian times swords and swordsticks.

I sometimes think that some posters grew up in Shangri la and were never exposed to the real world

Wija72 said:
I don't believe on going soft on the little fcukers... that is another main reason. The Policing of this country is now almost non existent. Going out to a gang who are shouting and causing a nuisance does not get the officers there bonus and means allot of paperwork for fcuk all..

Bonus? what Bonus? can you direct me to the force that pays this bonus and i'll organise a transfer.

Lets not beat around the bush ladies and gents, i know the media sensationalise such things but i have a mate who's on CO19 who confirms a lot of what we already think. Gun and knife crime is disproportianately (per head of population and particularly in London) commited by black youths. The police are not allowed to target this group (and if there's no reason to then rightly so) for fear of the "R" word being used by the liberals and the diversity industry. Hence the reason a lot of males from this minority are carrying weapons, free from the fear of being stopped and said weapons discovered.

Just watch the news and crimewatch it always seems to me that the most violent crimes (in particular robbery) are being commited by black males, and eastern european migrants with values far removed from ours, and i accept not all crime of this nature is caused by them but it seems that per head of the population a lot of it is. The "leaders" of the police service, and the government are too scared to admit it.

Is there an answer to all this? i don't know but it's not as if we're still in the 60's when racism and exclusion was rife. Minorities now have, and rightly so, as many rights as the rest of mainstream society with several hundred interest groups to assist them also.

Personaly i put it down to the lack of motivation to work provided by the welfare state. Poor parenting, and the "i know my rights" culture.

milsum said:
Does it matter? How do you change the culture of an entire generation?
Removal of the culture that suggests that authority exists to be challenged.

Mazur_UK said:
I think it is the last 3 plus others such as we should have harsher punishments for the little sh1tes.

We were all probably given a clip round the ear when we were young, but perants can no longer do that incase they get done for abuse or something. Also police cannot just grab the chav by the scruff and lob him in the van etc.
The law protects these troublemakers too much and while all these bible bashing doo gooders are about it will get worst.

I read in the paper last year that a 13 year old had taken his parents to court for for grounding and smacking him after he stayed out past midnight causing trouble. He had come back in and started on his mother so she had hit him one as mothers do at times. In the same paper a couple had been taken to court because they were not keeping there unruly 13 year old out of trouble so were being punished for his misbehaviour.
So how are we supposed to do this legally, I have been lucky my kids know right from wrong and my son is in the Army now and never hung about in gangs and has respect for his elders. I dont smack my kids but have a bit of an iron fist type rule and now a days find confiscation of PS2's etc a much better punishment.
My point to this discussion is that parents are to blame for most of this trouble now if you look at a lot of these knife incidents they happen after 10-11pm. Parents should know where 13-15 year olds are at that time of night- the only time you hear from the parents is when they say at the press conference 'He was a lovely boy, never did anyone any harm' How do they know this when they dont even know where there 14 year old was at 2am.
This isnt to say that every incident is like this and do realise that there is a big percentage of kids caught up in the wrong place at the wrong time. There is also that fear of peer pressure for not joining a gang but when i was a kid the fear of getting a belt off my dad for causing trouble was much greater. And before anyone states the obvious im not from the Victorian ages I was jus brought up to respect others like i have done with my three kids.