The Rifles

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by sailorsam, Mar 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All, Greetings from an ex Sailor. (25 Yrs)
    My Son recently completed the 26 week CIC @ Catterick.
    I am so very proud of him.
    He is now with "4 Rifles" down in Bulford.
    May I ask you all in general what kind of standing the Rifles have in the British Army. I understand that you all have very tough tasks in your daily operations, but was just wondering what thoughts you may have about the Rifles Divisions.

Thank you all in advance and thanks for allowing "Jack" to enter the forums lol

Best Regards for now

Sailorsam

2. Hello Sailor

( couldn't resist )

Your son has joined a very fine Regiment and you are right to be proud of him.

But I would say that...

3. Many thanks Bravo Bravo Just great
    Best regards from "The Sailor" lol

4. "Swift And Bold"

Congratulations on your son for joining the finest Regiment in the British Army. You have every right to be proud of him. The RIFLES may be one of the new kids on the block but our history stems back to 1685...good old Bloody 11th.

Since forming all 7 Battalions have conducted themselves extremely well on operations in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think the general feedback is that the Rifles have become a well established and extremely respected Regiment. this is proven with 1 Rifles now becoming part of 3 Cdo Bde.

Hope your son has a prosperus career in the Rifles Family

"Semper Fidelis"

5. They are a fine line infantry lot with a good tradtion amongst many other fine regiments. Quite a newly found organisation but of good stock that will take no nonsense.

6. Many thanks "Chosen" fantastic so far
    Best regards from "He who goes on the crinkly stuff" lol

7. Nice one "Outstanding" and Very many thanks. Sailorsam

8. aka "Celer et audax". the original latin saying that was given by the french in 1749 :D been doing my homework :)

a major congratulations to your some sailorsam! im about to do my selection tomorrow to see if i make it into the rifles. i honestly cant wait to become a member of the family they have. you must be incredibly proud :D

chris

9. Hi Freshage" Many thanks mate. Heres wishing you every success on getting selected. Just do your very best and let me know how it goes.

Sailor