the Rifles

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by ad55, Jun 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Rifles have aCommando battalion, so does the TA regimet have a Commando unit?
  2. 1 Rifles aren't a Commando unit, they're a unit who are in 3 Cdo Bde. There is no requirement for anyone within 1 Rifles to do AACC, they earn their place in the Bde by doing a Amphib work-up, just like 40, 42 and 45.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. thanks, questioned answered :)
  4. 6th Rifles deploy with 1 Rifles, there has been a few lads from 6th who tried out for it so in theory u can do the AACC
  5. As do 7 Rifles and a number of other non-Rifle TA units...

And other Rifle Bns can back fill 1 if neccesary.

In theory, and indeed practice, anyone in the Army can do AACC. That is what the AA stands for All Arms. No reason why a 5 Rifles or 2 Mercian guy couldn't get a spot.
  6. There are quite a few blokes in 1 Rifles who have done AACC. Probably more than most other non Commando units.
  7. If you want to be TA but Commando roled, you can choose from Engineers ( 131 Cdo RE ) or Artillery; no doubt others as well.

Or even the Royal Marine Reserve ( bunch of hoofing beefers. )
  8. they wearing the Commando Dagger or the Army Commando badge or what?

i can't get hold of any of my mates there to ask (stuck in FOB's somewhere).
  9. They wear Army commando and the dagger on square background.
  10. Thats the Bde badge. The Cdo qualification badge is the red dagger in the blue traingle (more like a slice of cheese) and now the flash "Army Commando"

11. One of my PSIs is 1 Rifles and he wears the red dagger on a blue cheesewedge shaped backing.
  12. yeah and he can't remember to bring spare socks, goretex etc to Sennybridge :)
  13. And sets fire to loaned Jetboils...

To be fair, he bought his Goretex to Dixies Corner, but did not think he'd need to carry it, the area being so rain-free.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. why would he need Goretex? his Commando Dagger makes him waterproof.
  15. Oddly enough, thats what we said.
    • Like Like x 1