Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE RIFLES (again)

gizmodnd

Old-Salt
coax-on said:
gizmodnd said:
As ive said before my capbadge is getting sprayed black lol,
And yes im a Mong with PC's ( that's computers, not ruperts)

That's not what your boss says

lol, You down Exeter tomorrow mate

gizmodnd

Old-Salt
ugly said:
be a devil and put up some red backing!

Green backing looks better Ugly, Suprised we haven't kept the yellow on the rank slides though prefer them to the new ones!

ugly

LE
Maize please! I suspect the LI lads were keen to ditch the backing as it was an Old DCLI, then SCLI then 1 LI which of course went when it was disbanded and 2 became 1, the same time that J in sgt became common throughout the regt!

ugly

LE
My mate 94 and I wound up some senior occifers at the reunion by offering to have the red backing in all the flags for next year!

gizmodnd

Old-Salt
I think it would have been a good idea for each of the RIFLES bn's to keep some of their old uniform traditions ie 1 RIFLES black badge, 2 Rifles red backing, and so on or whatever the former bn had, I know we have to move with the times but some traditions should be kept alive.

Plus a black capbadge looks better than a silver one anyway! That's why all you LI and RGJ put black ones in,Deep down you know it makes sense lol

ugly

LE
We only blackened ours for Ops, pre options for change 1LI kept red backing in the field. 5 Rifles would therefore need to wear the backing. Anyway surely 1 are going to be wearing cap comforters or hats artic deputy dawg!

GwaiLo

War Hero
Same here vis a vis black cap badges, of course KRRC badge was black with a red backing so again I don't think there would have been any RGJ objection to it.

Anyway, look to the future and remember the past with pride.