The Rifles 4

Hi was planning to join the rifles as an officer next year and was wondering if I’m able to get in and there are positions available would I be able to go straight to Rifles 4 or would I be sent to another battalion first?

Who the **** are the Rifles 4 and what did they do? I would suggest brushing up on your military knowledge and actually do a bit of serious research into the regiment you wish to join before you even attempt AOSB.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hi was planning to join the rifles as an officer next year and was wondering if I’m able to get in and there are positions available would I be able to go straight to Rifles 4 or would I be sent to another battalion first?
It’s 4 Rifles at best kidda

Haha, finally starting to realise how "helpful" 90% of this forum are.

Pass your AOSB > During Sandhurst, choose your corps/regiment > Interview > They accept/reject you > Graduate Sandhurst > Join new regiment.

Worst case scenario... Transfer to your preferred regiment if you don't get into it initially.

This is all based on what I have researched / been told by AOSB staff so others can elaborate further.

Haha, finally starting to realise how "helpful" 90% of this forum are.

Pass your AOSB > During Sandhurst, choose your corps/regiment > Interview > They accept/reject you > Graduate Sandhurst > Join new regiment.

Worst case scenario... Transfer to your preferred regiment if you don't get into it initially.

This is all based on what I have researched / been told by AOSB staff so others can elaborate further.
Thank you for the information and I was fully prepared to be slagged off by a majority of the people on this forum.

ugly

LE
4 Rifles is one of 5 regular Bns in the regiment. If you are successful, you will be chosen to join the Rifles. Places in Bns are allocated first by the needs of the army and lastly by personal choice. In theory you can end up in any of 5 Bns but are able to cross post (not transfer) around the regiment and good officers are often moved around to fill vacancies. Remember the army is a big machine that you serve not the other way around!

4 Rifles is one of 5 regular Bns in the regiment. If you are successful, you will be chosen to join the Rifles. Places in Bns are allocated first by the needs of the army and lastly by personal choice. In theory you can end up in any of 5 Bns but are able to cross post (not transfer) around the regiment and good officers are often moved around to fill vacancies. Remember the army is a big machine that you serve not the other way around!
Thank you for the information and I am fully prepared to go where needed not where I want.

ugly

LE
To be honest the Bns main difference is location and role, every other metric for difference is fading year on year.