The Ride and Fall of the Third Reich

Already in the EM thread, and shouldn't your original title of The Rise of the Fourth Reich (since edited) be 'the Ride of the Fourth Reich'?

E2A: original thread title. It appears I've become an 'influencer': best I sign up to Instagram and start posting dodgy swimsuit photos (or maybe not). Piss off EM!

Last edited:
Has Jeremy Corbyn been photographed there being present but not involved?

Awol

LE
I disagree with the swastika ban in Germany. I think the public there have enough sense (and guilt) to be able to highlight, and shout down it's use, were it ever to be displayed. By letting the state take responsibility, it effectively silences the public and prevents their distaste from being apparent.

" By letting the state take responsibility, it effectively silences the public and prevents their distaste from being apparent. "

Also Assumes that Max and Meyer are too dim to find an alternative....

1566311984067.png

"We're a meteorology club..."

1566312115551.png

"United by our interest in Roman History"

1566312222440.png

"Toxopholists.... that's us"

I disagree with the swastika ban in Germany. I think the public there have enough sense (and guilt) to be able to highlight, and shout down it's use, were it ever to be displayed. By letting the state take responsibility, it effectively silences the public and prevents their distaste from being apparent.
I agree.

Upon a time, it was an Indian* symbol, associated with good fortune.

I've seen collectable, finely bound, complete works of Rudyard Kipling, predating by decades German descent into the abyss under Herr Schickelgruber's leadership, with gilt swastikas embossed along all four sides of the leather bound front and back covers.

The world would be a better place if the symbol was reassigned by the world to meaning intended by its originators.

Not least because that wouldn't half get up the noses of pig-ignorant right wingers the world over.

* Stonkernote: India denotes both a massive sub-continent within Asia, and one of the countries within it. It's a frankly mahoosive place, and truly wonderful. Everybody knows these things, apart from the few who live in the USA, for whose benefit this explanation was conceived (and for whom I hope the words are not too long, nor the grammar too testing) :thumleft:

I agree.

I've seen collectable, finely bound, complete works of Rudyard Kipling, predating by decades German descent into the abyss under Herr Schickelgruber's leadership, with gilt swastikas embossed along all four sides of the leather bound front and back covers.

The world would be a better place if the symbol was reassigned by the world to meaning intended by its originators.

Not least because that wouldn't half get up the noses of pig-ignorant right wingers the world over.

* Stonkernote: India denotes both a massive sub-continent within Asia, and one of the countries within it. It's a frankly mahoosive place, and truly wonderful. Everybody knows these things, apart from the few who live in the USA, for whose benefit this explanation was conceived (and for whom I hope the words are not too long, nor the grammar too testing) :thumleft:

It was also a symbol used by Indians, of the Native American type.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
It's been used all over the world, then the last unpleasant affair tainted it.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The 45th Division of the US Army had to change their shoulder patch in 1939.
Prior to that it had been a swastika.
Became a thunderbird.

" By letting the state take responsibility, it effectively silences the public and prevents their distaste from being apparent. "

Also Assumes that Max and Meyer are too dim to find an alternative....

View attachment 411803

"We're a meteorology club..."

View attachment 411805

"United by our interest in Roman History"

View attachment 411806

"Toxopholists.... that's us"
I quite like that one at the top.

Shame MARVEL Comics didn't invent it :-{

What/who does it signify?

I agree.

And let's also not forget that the Finns used this as their air force insginia from 1918 to about 1945/46..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C The Intelligence Cell 23
Trip_Wire US 6
Bugsy The NAAFI Bar 4

Latest Threads