The Reverse Supply Chain

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by warrior8234mkIIIA2, Mar 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anybody else having problems sending back equipment through the reverse supply chain ie. for backloading etc.Have applied various time via intranet on DII as advised as my local distribution outlet has now shut ,but weeks have passed and no one has collected anything yet. Parcelforce now do the deliveries and the person delivering has no idea whats happening, also he says that the max weight of a package they will take is 30KGS !!!! can anyone help please ? :?
  2. Why am I not surprised that the latest cost saving measures have resulted in a loss of service?
  3. untallguy

untallguy Old-Salt Reviewer Book Reviewer

I can suggest a couple of answers for you:

1. DSDA are still accepting faxed 1142s - exactly the same as they have done in the past. The fax numbers are on the DINs that gave you the intranet links.

2. Get in touch with DSDA (via the DSDA customer help desk) and ask for support/make a customer complaint. If DSDA don't know that there is a problem, they can't do anything about it.

3. Tell your BOWO and get him to make a complaint up the chain. If the system isn't working somewhere, LAND will have no problem telling DSDA.

Don't worry about the weight issue, there are a number of contractors employed by DE&S - some take small packages, some large, some take the HAZMAT items etc.

This system has been in place less than six weeks - like everything it needs time to bed in!
  4. Phew! Lucky there's not a war on, eh?
  5. I thought the reverse supply chain was the free passage of retired officers into BAESYSTEMS etc.? Silly me...
  6. untallguy

Phew! Lucky this system is for non-operational stores being backloaded from units based in the UK, eh?
  7. Oh right, so both sandpits are stand-alone operations then. Good to know. :roll:
  8. untallguy

At the risk of this one going round in circles (!):

1. The RSC being spoken about here (web sites, couriers etc) is for non-operational stores being backloaded from units based in the UK.

2. The operational RSC is distinct from this and handled as it ever was.
  9. i have phoned the helpdesk and they said there is a 10 day backlog,"fine" i said "but i applied over a month ago and the required delivery date has been and very definatly gone now".To cut a long story short there is a wait out on this getting sorted .
  10. untallguy

I'd stick a complaint in. That way, DSDA and its CoC know that there is a problem.
  11. done that as well just to be sure !!!