The Rev Dannet Enobled along with 52 other worthies.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BuggerAll, Nov 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

2. Dannatt is about the only one on that listing worthy of a Peerage, he has worked hard for it over many years, the rest are a bunch of half wit politicos, and can anyone explain what Oona King has done for the good and benefit of this nation?

3. What an absolute and utter shower - apart from Julian Fellowes, who is a good egg.

Who are these arrseholes and why are they on the list?

John Sharkey - Chairman of the Liberal Democrat 2010 General Election campaign (They didn't win)

Nicol Stephen - Former Deputy First Minister of Scotland (2005 - 2007) and leader of the Scottish Liberal Democrats (2005 - 2008) (They didn't win)

Ben Stoneham - Liberal Democrat HQ Operations Director (They didn't win)

4. Errrr.............nothing? Obviously plenty of good for herself! :(

5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Julian Fellows, Michael Grade, Rach Heyhoe-Flint, Joan Bakewell are all decent choices IMHO, and they've put a lot of work in to make their ennoblements justified.

6. Gremlin - are you taking leave of your sense? Fellows, yes, a good egg. But the rest of them? Mind you, I do like Joan's tart recipe.

7. Did they not receive large salaries with their inflated jobs, particularly relevant to Bakewell and Grade?

8. He worked hard for it with the Tories, you mean. What a shambling, discredited figure he is.

9. Rt Hon David Maclean - former Conservative MP; held a number of Ministerial posts; Opposition Chief Whip 2001 - 2005. AND all round Lying troughing fuckpig.

And was the leader of the pack of greedy bastards who screamed about having to declare expenses..I wonder why.

Tory MP David Maclean's controversial Bill to exempt MPs from the Freedom of Information Act failed to win the support of a single member of the House of Lords by a deadline of 5pm yesterday.

NOW he is one.

Maclean was reported in the Daily Telegraph as having spent more than £20,000 improving his farmhouse under the Additional Costs Allowance (ACA) scheme before selling it for £750,000. He claimed the money by designating the property as his “second home” with the Commons authorities, yet Maclean did not pay capital gains tax on the sale because the taxman accepted it was his main home.

Maclean is one of 98 MPs who voted to keep their expense details secret.

10. What a shame that a decent and good man like Dannat has to share oxygen with the likes of most of the other new ennobled shower, not to mention a large percentage of the already soundly esconced self serving scum.

11. ashie, perhaps you could explain what Oona King has done to deserve ennoblement? What did Gulam Noon get his peerage for, apart from splashing his cash on Tony Blair/Gordon Brown and his cronies?

As for Dannatt he only lasted 8 months as an advisor to the Conservative party. He receives his Peerage for Long and distinguished Service to the Nation, something you would know nothing about, having never served.

12. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

What he said, pr1ck.

Dannatt, apart from holding awards for bravery, is far from discredited, apart from with you, who i must say appear to be one of the most arrogant people i have ever encountered!

Edited to add: Hmm, that link to Dannatts autobiography wasnt put there by me! Thats a bit clever innit :)

13. Gremlin

Heyhoe-Flint dragged women's cricket out of the mire to the point that we are now the regular winners of the World Cup and have won the last three Ashes tournaments on the trot. A lot more than you can say for the men's game. She's also President of the Lady Taverners.

Bakewell has done a hell of a lot for the voice of old people in this country working with Age Concern and Help the Aged, and fully deserves the recognition.

Grade, no matter what you might think of him, dragged Television in this country into the modern age across three of the four major broadcasters, the majority of it being for state owned stations, ie The BBC and CH4.

So no, I'm not taking leave of my senses. I believe that they will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the Upper House, which career politicians cannot offer.

14. Gremlin

Prick.

More to the point; Civvy Prick!

15. She's female. And black. And the descendant of a Georgian slave. What more do you need in today's right-on, feeling-your-pain, multiculti paradise?