The Return to civvy street

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Judder, Nov 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A few weeks ago I read a book called Always A Marine by Steven Preece. Being an ex Para, I thought it wouldn't be my cup of tea and consequently I didn't want to spend my hard earned dosh on it. Anyway, a friend bought it for me so I read it.

It made me realise that I wasn't the only person who had problems when I left the Armed Forces to return to civvy street. I too had issues with anger management and a displeasure of not tollerating civvy fools in the work place. This may have been a marine's story but I really did find it true to life and could compare some of my own experiences with it.

I guess we are all in the same boat when we demob. We're trained soldiers and can't just switch it off after we walk through the barrack gates for the last time. It takes time!!!

2. Don't know about the book, though I know exactly what you're talking about.

I still have anger problems, expect things to be done immediatly, stride about as though on some sorta route march. Yeah, takes time. Longer that 25 years, thats for sure :)

3. golddust,

Your avatar gave me an erection. It confirmed my fear that I really am a sad w*nker who should get out more.

4. If they 'popped-out' she would definately get a black eye, or two!

5. Fully symapathise with u judder - had two goes at it - once after 9 yrs in the army when i survived 4 yrs with the BBC - great job but real cnuts for manager - renlisted in RAF and finally had to get out again after 15 yrs - so got a second shot at it and its still crap - never mind the anger management and intolerance of idiots - its the pc aspects that grip my sh1t - totally knocks the humour out of everything - cant call anyone a poof, mincer,spaz,midget etc etc even in jest - because if they dont complain so other fcuk wit will over here it and complain on their behalf - tosh man tosh