The reservoir swimming club 2017

Funny enough I read that when it came out, a highly romanticised piece of froth with all the usual cliches about talented rapper who everyone loved to bits etc.......or something like that:oops:

That's an oxymoron Shirley?

As @CrashTestDummy stated these dangers have been mentioned on public information programmes since, gawd knows when. I can remrber them back in the 60’s.
I have no sympathy for idiots who wish to commit suicide in this way. However it is cleaner and less disruptive than standing on railway tracks, so carry on.
I really can't disagree with this statement at all

Loch Farr the other weekend. While I only paddle boarded, middle Miss F and master F went swimming. Both experienced open water swimmers.
But lots of others in the water, but coming out complaining about the slimy layer on their skin.
It seems that folk just don't have any appreciation of algae in fresh water.
Have you been "exercising" to the Gorgeous Brunette thread again?

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Have you been "exercising" to the Gorgeous Brunette thread again?

Not a thread I tend to visit.
The Ginger thread however is a different matter entirely.

I regularly open water swim and do most of my training in Lake 32 at the Cotswold Water Park, you can stand up in large parts of the lake and at this time of year the water temp is >20 C , despite this a young man was drowned a couple of years back, unless you know what you are doing open water swimming can be very unforgiving.

People just launching into lakes/rivers they no nothing about is inviting problems.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
There’s an overwhelming trend in all of this channels videos, I wonder if you can spot it…

They're twats ?

I liked the brother's reaction in the second video.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Black kids can't swim ?
Not strictly true, but no most don't swim easily or particularly well.
That said, my father made damn sure I could.

When a series of new generals were appointed by the cANCer, those vaguely interested in their jobs pitched for briefings at various units.
This included 4 Recce, the SADF/SANDF equivalent of the Shakeys.

After briefing and seeing lots of shiny kit, some of it modelled by operators, the visiting gentleman requested to see one of the "black soldiers."
Not entirely seriously he was pointed in the direction of two of the okes wearing drybags and, as normal, heavily covered in "Black is Beautiful" cam cream.
"No, no ! I mean the real black soldiers !" came the response.

Selection standards haven't dropped, and there are still many black troepe who pass, but unless something's changed in the last three weeks, 4 Recce in the SANDF remains a white only unit through no fault of their own.

Aren't black people unbalanced in the water/mostly poor swimmers because of their genetics? Sounds like a BNP leaflet I ken, but am sure its a fact, something to do with bone density or storing excess water or something