The reservoir swimming club 2017

If anyone knows Gullet Quarry at the South end of the Malvern Hills, the bell tolls quite regularly there but hasn't so far this year, amazingly. It is fenced off these days which may explain why the reaper's scythe has remained in it's sheath, although it takes nothing to get in past the fences.

It used to be used for frogman training, there are old quarry buildings somewhere beneath the murky depths. A girl I knew had a lucky escape on such a course. She became disorientated and had a panic thing inside one of the buildings. Apparently it was a close run thing. Darwin was having the day off!

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Good effort compared to Scotland.
1627309202196.png

Southerners need to get on with it, they're slacking.

RBMK

LE
Book Reviewer
Surprisingly none fished out of Carr Mill Dam near the East Lancs Road yet.

My brother used to be a fireman covering this area and reckoned that it was good for one or two failed swimming club members every year.

My cousin got an award for dragging someone out of Carr Mill Dam, he was fishing when some dozy bint tried to drown herself, she was punching him and struggling like feck as he dragged her to the bank.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Tool

LE
The webbed fingered population Norfolk have unsurprisingly no deaths.
Don't forget the webbed toes. Makes it harder to sink into the quagmire. Plus, most of the Eastern Englanders are so ugly, like with helicopters, the earth tends to repel them when they get too close.

Many of those who drown in The Lake District and Scotland may well be southerners on their hols
Maybe those in the Lake District. The family in Loch Lomond were from Glasgow, and the two boys in Lanarkshire were locals.

Latest Threads