The Remainer march in London today.

If you want to trade under WTO rules. Ignoring the border is not an option.
It's not our problem, we aren't ignoring it, the EU needs it open ! I can walk across from North to South unimpeded after Brexit.

Because of the Common Travel Area Agreement Irish people will still be able to travel to the UK minus Passport, I will still be able to visit Dublin sans Passport. Eire and the EU need to get their act together or 60% of Eire's exports won't be.

Strange don't you think, that the UK has been given the honour of having a 'soft' border with Eire, when it's had one since 1923 (with the exception of WW2), then again from 1953.

It's not our problem, we aren't ignoring it, the EU needs it open ! I can walk across from North to South unimpeded after Brexit.

Because of the Common Travel Area Agreement Irish people will still be able to travel to the UK minus Passport, I will still be able to visit Dublin sans Passport. Eire and the EU need to get their act together or 60% of Eire's exports won't be.

Strange don't you think, that the UK has been given the honour of having a 'soft' border with Eire, when it's had one since 1923 (with the exception of WW2), then again from 1953.

Yeah but no but yeah, but....

But before the EUtopians brought peace to Northern Ireland!

the Septics have been at the fracking lark for a solid decade now and the industry has yet to make a profit,
Funny how these non-profit making companies are seen as a great opportunity for investors.

Fracking Companies on the Verge of Prosperity

The most successful of these firms have been extremely profitable over the past few years – and profitable for investors as well.

Maybe they research a bit more than you do!

Well it looks like English dairy farmers might get a fillip on the backs of lots of bankrupt Irish ones because the EU really doesn't care about anything except the "Project".
Benefits of membership without membership fees or responsibilities was nothing but a mirage born of exceptionalism.

The Irish farmers will no doubt blame the UK for causing this mess

The potential nightmare scenario for the Remainers and the EU is that Brexit proves successful and ongoing for the UK's prosperity.

The remainers can either admit the doomsday scenarios were wrong (hell will freeze over before they do that of course) or lose any semblance of integrity by denying the truth staring them in the face. I would trust this lot a single inch.
Tearing up trade deals with 100 countries and adding red tape and barriers isn't going to be a success.

This should be obvious.

It's not 1923 anymore.

The RoW isn't going to give the UK a pass because it wishes to indulge in a regression to the days of empire

It's not 1923 anymore.

The RoW isn't going to give the UK a pass because it wishes to indulge in a regression to the days of empire

You really are dull…

Ireland is and has been treated as a virtiiul subset of theUK, even down to letting its citizens have full and free access to the NHS and the right to vote without caveats.

The Irish farmers will no doubt blame the UK for causing this mess
Then they would be stupid then, wouldn't they? the EU has caused this mess by using trade as a cover for political ambition.

I actually have stopped caring about the Irish, it is well past time they stopped whinging and holding their collective cap out.

In one sense I understand why the bogwogs are happy to be ruled by a secular political priesthood though, got to be more civilised than McQuiad, the real teacup for a long time.

Last edited:
Tearing up trade deals with 100 countries and adding red tape and barriers isn't going to be a success.

This should be obvious.
******, I think the EU might have managed less than half your claim, in double the time. and at double the expence...in time honoured public sector tradition.

In one sense I understand why the bogwogs are happy to be ruled by a secular political priesthood though, got to be more civilised than McQuiad, the real teacup for a long time.

1973 was a great year for Ireland

Archbishop McQuaid who’d ruled it as a Vatican religious colony died - he was every bit as bad as claimed,
De Valera who’d run the country as a police state and allowed the church to drag Ireland back into the dark ages finally lost power
It joined the EEC and finally after half a century being run as a closed religious police state rejoined the modern world.

Did they look non-English / British?

You simpleton.
S
Which is a bit more than what's reported here:
50,000 people people are marching through London to demand Britain remains in the EU

Parliament Square has a capacity of around 30,000, so even the numbers cited by the Independent would've filled it. I also spoke to a number of SWP comrades who actually attended the demo and who have, literally, decades of experience in such matters. They estimated that there were between 60,000 to 80,000 on the demo.

However, comparing the overhead shots of the recent anti-Brexit demo with similar overhead shots from the anti-war demo in 2003 really brings home just what a crowd of, allegedly, 700,000 should roughly look like.

MsG
When buggsy is the voice of reason...do I need my rapture pants?

It's not 1923 anymore.

Er, it was renewed in 1953, is still current and has nothing to do with the EU, or the RoW.

If you don't see the arrogance and vindictiveness of the EU..................I suggest you "Go to Specsavers".

Unless of course,you are being deliberately obtuse?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P The Intelligence Cell 128
Auld-Yin The Book Club 2
Mech_Eng ARRSE: Site Issues 21