The Remainer march in London today.

View attachment 358551

I’m beginning to suspect it was an old Peoples Vote March against BRIEexit
I am going senior staff meeting at a minor liberal public school, think Bedales, renowned for its eccentricity, liberal ethos, relaxed attitude, fashionable parents and famous alumni and times it by 10, throw in some civil servants, senior BBC staff and a handful of Labour and Guardian types and this is the crowd you get.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The Times reports that there were 670,000.
And yet, the Met, who have form for this kind of thing, reckoned nearer 170,000.

Surely you are not suggesting Euroweenies (a term I have thought up this morning) struggle with things like numbers and attention to detail?
I prefer Eurinal, I've even gone so far as to carry out a rudimentary grading system::-D

Remainer - Someone who voted remain but has accepted that their side lost and now just wants the best possible Brexit.
Remoaner - Someone who voted remain but refuses to accept that they lost, someone who whinges on ad nuaseam about another vote (but only as long it has remain as an option). Probably the commonest breed of remain voter.
Remainiac - A proper mentalist, someone who believes everything the Independent writes and James OBrien says. They will form silly remain groups and arrange petitions, the sort of uninformed lunatics who stop a rapist being deported back to Somalia. Angered by guilt because on the day of the referendum they didn't actually vote due to reasons of either arrogant self entitlement or laziness (student types).
Eurinals - These are the dangerous ones, the real traitors. These are the people who use their power, influence or public status to actively sabotage us leaving, think Soros or Blair. Why Eurinals? Firstly because it has "EU" in the insult, and there's not many of them about, but mainly because they are taking the piss.

A pity these free handouts (attachment jpeg) weren't available to the Marchers at the end of their hard slog on Saturday. They may be on the shelves for end of March once Kleenex have finished rebranding their Man Sized stock..
The new name reflects the cultural changes. **** wipes sounds about right

Another way for you to look at the referendum result:

View attachment 358540

The two totals are different due to rounding.
So the actual relative difference between Leave and Remain was almost 8%. That's pretty significant.

Apparently the fragrant Miss Abbot and the rest of the Labour front bench had appointments elsewhere.
It was kind of interesting listening to Emily Thornberry's verbal gymnastics on R4 this morning, about why she and the rest of the opposition front bench were elsewhere. At least they have never declared themselves a remain party.

Speaking with a Brussels based colleague today who works in EU lobbying for the firm.

She mentioned that her contacts at national government level said deals had been prepared and pre agreed ready to go with UK when the time comes. They see that the EU wants to punish the UK for leaving and to discourage others - but don’t want to shaft themselves by relying on the EU to fight their national corner.

Not sure how gen it is but makes sense from a “plan b” perspective.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Speaking with a Brussels based colleague today who works in EU lobbying for the firm.

She mentioned that her contacts at national government level said deals had been prepared and pre agreed ready to go with UK when the time comes. They see that the EU wants to punish the UK for leaving and to discourage others - but don’t want to shaft themselves by relying on the EU to fight their national corner.

I believe you've just about summed up the EU "bargaining position" there.

MsG

I do so hope that's true.

1. I did meet some young guns working for the Dept of Brexit a few months back. They gave me a story which would match this, but from the UK end. Fingers crossed, then.

2. If it is true then it just proves, again, that the central EU Commission/Parliament/Bureaucracy is out of touch with it's membership.

I do so hope that's true.

1. I did meet some young guns working for the Dept of Brexit a few months back. They gave me a story which would match this, but from the UK end. Fingers crossed, then.

2. If it is true then it just proves, again, that the central EU Commission/Parliament/Bureaucracy is out of touch with it's membership.
I think the EUs ultimate goal is going to be difficult to achieve in my or my daughters lifetime.

My view is: follow the money = fiscal unity.

The trade, freedom of movement, human rights and many other achievements of the EU are noble things and should be celebrated - even if I don’t agree with some of them - but without a massive continental crisis I just can’t ever see “the man on the Rouen tram” ever giving up his identity.

I know. If only the people who came up with the referendum had a viable and enforceable plan (s) in place (or even a half vague/ practical idea), before they decided to go with it.

It's like going to war without having a good exit strategy in place. Oh shit, forgot, we are really good at pulling this sort of crap. Learning from the past? That's for pussies.
It's more like going to war without a Line of Departure or plan for H hour.

We need paintballs as part of the old bills armoury......they fecking hurt!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P The Intelligence Cell 128
Auld-Yin The Book Club 2
Mech_Eng ARRSE: Site Issues 21