The Remainer march in London today.

RoI/NI border is the 'impossible' problem?

Switzerland - not in EU, not in Customs Union, has bilateral deals that allow it to be single market

Probleme?
And you've just answered your own stupid point. has bilateral deals that allow it to be single market

So can UK if it makes the same deals. The jump off a cliff with no deal Brexit would change things, wouldn't you say?
It is also a part of Schengen, agrees to free movement of people, makes a contribution to the EU budget and adopts EU legislation that affect any of the over 100 bilateral agreements it has with the EU.
Not that this has anything to do with a march through London.

If we want to do trade with the EU block we will have to continue complying with various regulations and directives to have products CE marked.

Anti BREXIT is the new CND? No need to think about the issues, just show everyone that you care....

Speak for yourself. Some of us are too young to have been given a vote. 1975 was before I was born.
We aren't just talking compliance or directives, Switzerland has had to comply with more than that.

If it were that easy, we could go the Japan route to gain free access to the single market.

The EU, is out for it's pound of flesh and, this Government is determined to see they get it. The whole dialogue has been wrong from the beginning!

The dialogue is simple, We're leaving in two years time, if there is anything you want, let us know before March 2019, if it's about trade we'll talk, if it's political bullshit, don't bother, end of!

The EU have woven this wonderful myth, about how Europe can't do without it, how if you're not in the 'club' you're doomed, and millions of people with no imagination have bought it, millions of others like that 'warm cosy feeling' of being looked after, even though the 'carer' is picking your pocket whilst blowing your nose.

I have lots of 'european' friends,I love visiting them,I love the countries they live in, I detest most of their governments (as do a lot of them), who like Blair and,Major treat the whole "European Thing" as a means to earning a place in History, to the detriment of populations and, countries.

For the record, I voted 'NO' back in 75, I didn't trust European Governments back then and, nothing has happened to make me change my mind. UK in the EU = Slo-Mo car crash, which is finally coming to a close!

Some of you may recall Black Wednesday.

Heseltine, Hurd and Clarke argued hard for the second interest rate rise to 16% on that day. Why? They self confessed in a see 30:05 BBC 1997 documentary "We had to show the EC we would do anything to stay in ERM". Irrespective that this would destroy the economy long term, which they knew.

Same people wanted us in the Euro that would have cost us billions in the crisis.

Same people want us to stay in EU now.

Some of you may recall Black Wednesday.

Heseltine, Hurd and Clarke argued hard for the second interest rate rise to 16% on that day. Why? They self confessed in a see 30:05 BBC 1997 documentary "We had to show the EC we would do anything to stay in ERM". Irrespective that this would destroy the economy long term, which they knew.

Same people wanted us in the Euro that would have cost us billions in the crisis.

Same people want us to stay in EU now.

If, as in my case clicking results in "Video unavailable" then search on Youtube for "Black Wednesday - a documentary about the crash of the pound sterling in 1992".

Funny for sure. But there are also a zillion other videos which elicit similar sort of idiotic reactions from the leavers as well. If that was your intention (to portray the remainers in a bad light_ in the first place - plenty of idiots and nut jobs on both sides. That was never in doubt.

If, as you state, the current Labour party wins a GE it will be because the majority of the population voted for them. MsG
I don’t think the U.K. has ever had an election where the majority of the population voted for the winning party.

MsG

RoI/NI border is the 'impossible' problem?

Switzerland - not in EU, not in Customs Union, has bilateral deals that allow it to be single market

Probleme?
So will the UK willing to:

- only be allowed to enter trade deals with the consent of the EU?

- allow freedom of movement (people with EU)?

- be subject to some EU regulations (eg with regard to the pillars of the EU)?

- continue to contribute to EU funds?

- not have a say at the EU table ?

Because that is the situation for Switzerland

If the answer is yes, great but guess what it would still require customs checks at the borders between the UK and EU.

IMHO it’s the best option for both parties

Affects whose relationship ?
between Ireland and the UK, between the UK and EU27

We're imposing no sanctions on the EU, if the EU wants a 'soft' border, it should rewrite it's own rules, no provision has been made, for a non-compliant, non-EU country to have an open border with the EU, it also beggars belief that after all the shite they've thrown at the UK, they expect us to sort out THEIR border problem ?
If you (as you suggest) don’t want goods moving across the border in either direction. Yes you are.

The UK know that once they are a 3rd country they have a border with the EU.

The UK chose to leave.

Contrary to popular belief, the UK has always has 'border checks' with the EU, no matter how superficial.
Oh really?

In what form ?

So will the UK willing to:

- only be allowed to enter trade deals with the consent of the EU?

- allow freedom of movement (people with EU)?

- be subject to some EU regulations (eg with regard to the pillars of the EU)?

- continue to contribute to EU funds?

- not have a say at the EU table ?

Because that is the situation for Switzerland

If the answer is yes, great but guess what it would still require customs checks at the borders between the UK and EU.

IMHO it’s the best option for both parties

the trouble with the RoI is its now become conditioned to think small and think like the EU commands it.

Repeat after me: the UK is the worlds 5th ;largest economy.

If you (as you suggest) don’t want goods moving across the border in either direction. Yes you are.

The UK chose to leave.

Oh really?

In what form ?
We, the UK aren't preventing the passage of goods, the EU will be,unless it changes it's rules, don't you understand ? The EU is the one with a 'Hard Border' with all the countries surrounding it and, that's it's choice!

Eire thought it was being clever by not signing Schengen, never contemplating that the UK would choose to leave the 'Club', now it's got a shit sandwich on it's plate, and doesn't know what to do, neither do it's Masters in Brussels ergo, we'll pretend it's the UK's problem.

How many times have you flown into the UK ? How many times have you travelled through Dover? How many times have you travelled on Eurostar ? Unless you are the Invisible man, you produce your passport, and on occasion Insurance docs. Trundle down to Dover, and watch the Trucks just sail through...NOT!

The UK chose to leave.

Oh really?

In what form ?
Check paperwork now and then. Sorted. And you lot are quite good at it, have a few high ups getting serious porridge for misrepresenting x as lower tarriffed y.

I don’t think the U.K. has ever had an election where the majority of the population voted for the winning party.

MsG
1931 - the Conservatives had 55% of the vote. Parties have nudged just under 50% since but not more.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The Times reports that there were 670,000.
The Sun said there were 84 birds with their norks out as well, and I don't believe that either. Most newspaper reporting relies on "trusted interpretation" (lies) and "reliable figures quoted" (more lies) not forgetting "historically specific inferred speculation" (even more lies).
The tyres on my bus say "India" but it's not going there!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P The Intelligence Cell 128
Auld-Yin The Book Club 2
Mech_Eng ARRSE: Site Issues 21