The Remainer march in London today.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm not convinced the Leavers are tampering with the result.
Which is why I said they're tampering with far more profound issues.

Edited to add. For Leavers, see Remainers...!

Last edited:

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
At this point, what would happen if we just went ahead a negotiated a trade deal and then waited until we had left before signing off? What are the EU going to do, throw us out?

This is precisely the sort of behaviour that we are no longer compelled to abide by. We can negotiate a trade deal with non EU members and there is nothing that the EU can do about it. It is long past the time that we take the Trump approach to this and take charge of the situation.
The EU wouldn't throw us out, far from it, they would use that as an excuse to hold on to us. While doing so they would levy huge fines on us of millions£. The EU only see the UK in terms of €.

At this point, what would happen if we just went ahead a negotiated a trade deal and then waited until we had left before signing off? What are the EU going to do, throw us out?

This is precisely the sort of behaviour that we are no longer compelled to abide by. We can negotiate a trade deal with non EU members and there is nothing that the EU can do about it. It is long past the time that we take the Trump approach to this and take charge of the situation.
Because it may depend on how you leave the EU maybe?

If it ends up being a Norway, for example, then you can’t.

Sadly it is that simple, the Irish Border is a deliberate distraction,
for the mainland UK, possibly the EU to the extend.

If your in the region that Westminster forgot they owned and had a land border with not so much.

Why do i say the EU to an extent? Because one country put it on the table as it effects the relationship.

We aren't the ones wanting goods to move backwards and forwards across the border smoothly, that would be the EU
ok so it isn’t no deal and WTO rules we are looking at, free trade, taking back control, economic freedom...... now it is imposing economic sanctions on the EU!

there is no restriction on people crossing the border either way, even if we leave with no deal.
correct

Think about why the EU wants to grant the UK the privilege of being the only non-EU country, non-compliant with EU regs, to have a 'soft border' with the EU, it's got nothing to do with altruism, and the President/PM of Eire have got a massive problem, not the UK!
and the majority of people in 1 region of the UK

I haven’t missed the point at all. You think I don’t recognise the tactic to simply brush out from the picture an option to vote to remaining in the EU.

I’m certainly not embarrassed. In fact, I’m rather entertained that You seem to think you can glibly make daft claims and think people won’t see through what you are attempting to do.

Not even a nice try so definitely no cigar!

The vote to leave or remain has already taken place. The result is that the majority voted to leave the EU. To keep piddling about trying to get a revote until the result is the one you want is a clear indicator of your lack of democratic principles, but that's to be expected from the whiney entitled.

Any daft claims here are purely of your making but it appears you're too thick and self centred to realise that.

At the weekend, a German guy I know told me that if there is a second Brexit vote (Because; old people, not understanding the arguments, underhand tactics etc.), then the Deutscher Fussball-Bund want to replay the 1966 World Cup final, as those old players weren't as good and the current team has a better grasp of tactics.

Last edited:
View attachment 358377
Ah now. Theres a fine old tradition of worshipping the European flag in London....:)
There are some paradoxes in that photo, the Primary one being that we din't belong to Nazi Germany. The second being it was a diplomatic occasion, the third being, was that the rentamob of the day on the roof, the German expat community? It does make you think. The other paradox was that at time the Brits and the Frogs were trying to agree trade deals-but couldn't agree who with. France fancied Stalin-we didn't.

I'd prefer the government to decide how big the document would have to be. It should be concise and precise.

The vote is a simple one. This is the deal on the table. Should we go or should we leave.
The last one was simple, stay or go. But people have had difficulty understanding that, "I thought we would go the day after", and many other comment from both sides showing that the option may have been simple but the understanding of what was being asked was not.

There will not be many within the EU and the UK who will understand the deal and trying to present that to the public in the UK and the EU to a level that most will understand would be interesting work and could take a lifetime.

Many of these People's Vote forget that any deal has to get by the Walloons and if they don't like it it's back to square one.

for the mainland UK, possibly the EU to the extend.

If your in the region that Westminster forgot they owned and had a land border with not so much.

Why do i say the EU to an extent? Because one country put it on the table as it effects the relationship.

ok so it isn’t no deal and WTO rules we are looking at, free trade, taking back control, economic freedom...... now it is imposing economic sanctions on the EU!

correct

and the majority of people in 1 region of the UK

The RoI /UKland border as it stood was adequate to provide security during a world war.
Yet, it’s now biggest issue in global politics, because the EU says so, and wee Leo is going along with them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P The Intelligence Cell 128
Auld-Yin The Book Club 2
Mech_Eng ARRSE: Site Issues 21