The reloading? Yeah it's going really well but....

Blogg

LE
...I got new dies and this lot are really hard to chamber
20210508_181609.jpg

Is this new brass you're using or is it brass that been fired a time or two. The round on the right, is that the result of trying to chamber it? There are a couple of things you may not be doing right so best to get the basic questions out of the way first.

Blogg

LE
Is this new brass you're using or is it brass that been fired a time or two. The round on the right, is that the result of trying to chamber it? There are a couple of things you may not be doing right so best to get the basic questions out of the way first.
Not me happily but the handiwork of one of our club members.

I know what he has done now.

Had a bog standard seater die and result is on left. They are fine.

His new uber die set has a seater die of the type that can be set to variably crimp or not crimp at all.

They need to be adjusted so that the crimpy bit does its stuff in right place.

He had treated it like his old seater die and allowed shell holder to contact die.

Cartridge went way too far up. Overall length is fine but crimper rammed neck and shoulder significantly backwards in process.

Not a happy bunny.

Not me happily but the handiwork of one of our club members.

I know what he has done now.

Had a bog standard seater die and result is on left. They are fine.

His new uber die set has a seater die of the type that can be set to variably crimp or not crimp at all.

They need to be adjusted so that the crimpy bit does its stuff in right place.

He had treated it like his old seater die and allowed shell holder to contact die.

Cartridge went way too far up. Overall length is fine but crimper rammed neck and shoulder significantly backwards in process.

Not a happy bunny.

Aye that'll do it. Must confess that I've done it as well when I first started out reloading.

TamH70

MIA
That looks painful . New brass?
Very complicated my 'mentor ' is nursing me into the dark art . All my cases are once fired by me factory cases mostly geco and sako . 150 g and 44.0 and 44.5 of N140 very pretty and Sub 1"
Very satisfying.
Screenshot_20210509-165709_1.png

What are the blue ones?
They are black nosler silver tips ballistic
The others are partitions
I have now moved to Sierra pro hunter
All have been as accurate as I can be so far
Factory geco shoots just as well .
Out of a tikka T3 lite I haven't chronoed it
Yet .
Joining a target shooting club soon so I'll see if it's as accurate as I think it is .

Latest Threads