The Reinvigorated old and Bold Forum

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Friends of a Certain Age.

It would appear that we have been successful in our humble and meek submissions for the return of the Old and Bold Forum.

Hurrah!!!!!!!! (and all that rubbish)

I have been asked to start a thread where links to stories to be moved back into the OnB Forum can be placed. I have started this in the L&S2 Forum as that is where the original threads were moved to from the OnB.

Can you trawl through this and place links to stories that you feel should be moved back to the old and Bold Forum.

I will start of with :

The Professionals c 1974

SLR Thread

What kit have you left from your Service Days

The team at Arrse HQ will work at putting back the threads so please be a little patient and we will soon have our nice comfy, smog filled room back again. :boogie:

Please add threads that you think came from the orginal Old and Bold Forum.

Thank you to GCO & BCO et al.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I shall have a look for threads I can identify though most of them seem to come from my old woolly pully.

Herrumph...well it isn't as good as the old one was.

And there wasnt any threats to down keypads, throw the teddy out of the pram and walkout, just a little negotiation and voila job done.
I do hope those pesky Union bosses are reading this, they may learn a thing or two

And there wasnt any threats to down keypads, throw the teddy out of the pram and walkout, just a little negotiation and voila job done.
I do hope those pesky Union bosses are reading this, they may learn a thing or two
Which 'Old and Bold' thread does this describe?

I am now intrigued or have you got your BATCO settings buggered up?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
And another >> http://www.arrse.co.uk/lamp-sandbag-ii-tall-story-strikes-back/41146-soxmis.html

There was a good thread about the Cold War starting up again in 2009(ish) but I cannot find it as my posting history only includes this year.
Most of the threads from OnB (if not all) were moved to Lamp & Sandbag II so if you search in this forum you should find what you want. Try using the thread search function - top right - that might help.

Don't forget, this is just to get back the ones we feel comfortable with. Once the forum is up and running (and only then will the battle be considered won) we can start posting new (or even duplicate :) ) threads.

A-Y

That's all very well A-Y, I confess I couldn't hear everything you said but what I want to know is when are we going to get our Old n Bold thread back??

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
that's all very well a-y, i confess i couldn't hear everything you said but what i want to know is when are we going to get our old n bold thread back??
you can pick one up with your pension at the post office on thursday - ok?

Did you hear me?

Huzzah! The young whippersnappers saw sense, eh? Not used to our tenacity, you see...

Dare I ask if we will be slightly higher than the colonials this time? Or should I just think of the words "gift horse, mouth, not for looking in" and sit back down?

There was a good thread about the Cold War starting up again in 2009(ish) but I cannot find it as my posting history only includes this year.
Most of the threads from OnB (if not all) were moved to Lamp & Sandbag II so if you search in this forum you should find what you want. Try using the thread search function - top right - that might help.

Don't forget, this is just to get back the ones we feel comfortable with. Once the forum is up and running (and only then will the battle be considered won) we can start posting new (or even duplicate :) ) threads.

A-Y
Found it, here >> http://www.arrse.co.uk/current-affairs-news-analysis/106441-anyone-seen-my-slr.html

It was in Current Affairs but should have been in Old 'n Bold IMO.

you can pick one up with your pension at the post office on thursday - ok?

Did you hear me?
Er no sorry, I was reading the new old n bold forum thread. Did you know there was one A-Y? Some smart chap has done what you could only talk about! Fair play to him...

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Be very careful near the Post Office, the electric cavalry on their silent and deadly maroon chargers may try to mow you down. Always have a First Field Dressing with you and wear your old dog tags around your neck along with your press-button alarm just in case.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Be very careful near the Post Office, the electric cavalry on their silent and deadly maroon chargers may try to mow you down. Always have a First Field Dressing with you and wear your old dog tags around your neck along with your press-button alarm just in case.
Since a shop opened in my town selling these vicious machines the town has been plagued with old farts playing dogems. A quiet afternoon shopping at tesco has now become a dangerous mission, only undertaken after careful recce to ensure the ******* are not out in force. They have absolutely no time for anyone else and think that because they have one of these gerichariots they have absolute right of way and don't give a **** for anyone. Silnently approaching from the blind spot to try and score as many points by knocking down as many people as possible. ******* all!!!!!!!!!!

I hate them!!!!!!!!!

Aaaannndd breathe.

*sniff* - does'nt smell like the old Old 'n Bold. And there's a draught. Anywhere a chap might get a good cuppa?

..................still, at least it's a start.

No, I said S-T-A-R-T.

...........actually, that is a fart, is'nt it? Place is smelling more like home already.

Anywayroadup, have one of these http://www.arrse.co.uk/lamp-sandbag-ii-tall-story-strikes-back/135083-sandy-places.html

An interesting thread in which we decided which one of us first shaved in sand.

Oh and excelsior to you, A-Y. I would offer you a hearty hand-clasp to recognise your efforts but you may try to steal my money.

They do that, you know.

Oooooo, get us, they've put is in the Cultural Corner. Iz this cos we iz antiques and not down wid the kids, innit? Or is it just because of the musty smell?