The Reef, best shark film since Jaws?

For a low budget film I was suprised that it was much better than I expected. Based on a true story, some liberies were taken, such as the shark being a Great White (which is almost unheard of in those waters) rather than a Tiger shark as was the case in real life. The use of real footage of a great white was excellent, and the sense of isolation floating about in the ocean really came across.

Although similar in many ways to open water, I thought it a decent film, having said that it went straight to DVD in the UK which was a wise move.

I would say it is the best shark film since Jaws.

K

Kirkz

Haven't seen The Reef, but it can't be any worse than "Open Water"!
I have never seen such a shite film in all my life than that!
Two people floating about moaning for an hour and a half!!! Utter utter shite!

For a low budget film I was suprised that it was much better than I expected. Based on a true story, some liberies were taken, such as the shark being a Great White (which is almost unheard of in those waters) rather than a Tiger shark as was the case in real life. The use of real footage of a great white was excellent, and the sense of isolation floating about in the ocean really came across.

Although similar in many ways to open water, I thought it a decent film, having said that it went straight to DVD in the UK which was a wise move.

I would say it is the best shark film since Jaws.
Not really saying much though, is it? Apart from Jaws I can't remember any watchable shark movies.