The recent republican/IRA/Pira parade in Belfast

Discussion in 'Officers' started by HSF, Aug 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HSF

HSF War Hero

Am I alone in feeling quite hostile(I use that word to prevent a midnight knock) towards those peaceloving people in green involved in what must have been a breach of promoting/assisting terrorism laws.What I think should happen now ,in the interests of cross border happy clappy relations is that the DUP UUP or whatever should make a request to the peace loving government of the republic,to hold an Orange type parade in Dublin.All in the interest of reconcilliation of course.I wonder what the reply would be?
  2. Kind of like the one that happens in Rossnowlagh every 12th July?
    • Like Like x 3
  3. HSF

HSF War Hero

Jimmys best mate,I have never heard of that,I will google it but have you any further info?Thanks for that
  4. Nope, I just know it happens. The only one left in the Free State I believe. Possibly because most of them have grown up and moved on from the 17th Century but I can't confirm that.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. ******* inbred losers. Are those buckets worth robbing off them?
  6. I'm not sure how many 12th July parades you've ever been to, but you'll generally notice a distinct lack of Tricolours, Gaelic writing and general IRA support at them.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. skid2

skid2 LE Book Reviewer

AFAIK its the week before the 12th. Its also the quietest most relaxed one going. But God help anyone who starts any grief.
    Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

8. Would they be Orange Gogs or Green Gogs then? Or both?
  9. They should move the march to Paddys day and combine the loyalist and republican marches.

The world has moved on from this sectarian crap.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  10. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Goosegogs? A bit of a third wheel I suppose.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. There was a "Love Ulster" parade in Dublin in the 2000s. The riot by "Republicians" was lots of fun.

The "12th" generally finds the Republic full of people from NI who want a quiet weekend away.