The real conspiracy behind 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
Assorted parts from Martin Amis (an noted novelist) take on AQ etc.

Asked in a recent survey to explain their presence in Iraq, 85 per cent of American soldiers said that the “main mission” was “to retaliate for Saddam’s role” in the September 11 attacks.

About two thirds of American civilians, it’s true, share that misapprehension; but it is implausible that frontline troops are so incuriously risking their lives.

This near-consensus on the question cannot be due to ignorance. It comes from the same wishfulness that fortifies the majority belief among Muslims that September 11 was the work of Mossad.

Although few Americans think that the Israelis did it, nearly half (42 per cent) think that the Americans did. This means that the average American is more distrustful of Washington than the average Pakistani (in Pakistan a mere 41 per cent consider that the attacks were not carried out by Arab terrorists — as against 59 per cent of Turks and Egyptians and 65 per cent of Indonesians).

American sceptics hold that the collapse of the twin towers was caused by expert demolition. They hold that the explosion at the Pentagon was consistent, not with a crashed 757 but with a cruise missile. In other words, Washington wounded itself.

Physically, that is. At the time of his Declaration of War against America (1996), bin Laden was mouldering in a cave in Tora Bora — stateless, penniless, and half-starved. His achievements were a matter of myth, of fabulation; he was a funk-ridden and incompetent ex-jihadi (a mere pepperer of the Red Army); and he was a serial business flop.

In short, he was a terrorist financier who had run out of cash, and was now entirely at the mercy of the local Islamist power, the village-idiot vigilantes known as the Taleban.

Of the 66 US cruise missiles fired at camps around Khost in Afghanistan, a number failed to detonate. According to Wright (his source is Russian Intelligence), “bin Laden sold the unexploded missiles to China for $10 million”.

Expert opinion in the West is now largely persuaded that al-Qaeda is more or less finished. The “base” — justly so called in the adjectival sense — has become, we hear, “a state of mind”. And what is that state of mind?One convinced that it is possible simultaneously to be a random mass murderer and a good Muslim.

A death-brimmed bog of paranoia and credulity, it is the state of mind of the armed fabulist. The conspiracy detected here is the infidel campaign to obliterate the faith. It all began with the retreat of the Turkish armies from Vienna and the confirmation of Islamic decline: the year was 1683 and the day was September 11.

Item in Full

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,923-2337188_2,00.html
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#5
I've got my tinfoil hat on, hip hip hip hooray
My tinfoil hat will shield me from your mind controlling ray
I've got my tinfoil hat on, to insulate my brain
As long as I have got my tinfoil hat on I'll be sane

Linky
 
#6
"The real conspiracy behind 9/11
Martin Amis examines the horrific coincidences that enabled Osama bin Laden’s progress from down-and-out cave dweller to the chief symbol of Islamist terrorism


THE LOOMING TOWER Al Qaeda and the Road to 9/11
by Lawrence Wright
Allen Lane, £20; 470pp"

you could have made it clearer that this is a book review - NOT Martin Amis writing on the psyche of the terrorists.......
 
#7
Frenchperson, do you have a tinfoil hat on right now.

What planet are you on, demolition indeed.
 
#8
Crab_Cadet said:
Frenchperson, do you have a tinfoil hat on right now.

What planet are you on, demolition indeed.
The video has controlled demolition written all over it. A concrete / steel reinforced building doesn't collapse so uniformly - particularly when there's been little or no preceding damage. Full stop.
 
#9
frenchperson said:
Crab_Cadet said:
Frenchperson, do you have a tinfoil hat on right now.

What planet are you on, demolition indeed.
The video has controlled demolition written all over it. A concrete / steel reinforced building doesn't collapse so uniformly - particularly when there's been little or no preceding damage. Full stop.
And your some sort of expert are you. Freak off you freaking freak


did I mention you are a freak
 
#10
It's been done to death

tinfoil

The unqualified know all conspiracy theorists come out the wood work and joust with the qualified know all conservatives. It is pointless using logic and engineering with consiracy theorists (the demolition/Global Hawk camp). They know best because a bloke on the internet said........

Not the full shilling some of them. Barking.
 
#13
frenchperson said:
Crab_Cadet said:
Frenchperson, do you have a tinfoil hat on right now.

What planet are you on, demolition indeed.
The video has controlled demolition written all over it. A concrete / steel reinforced building doesn't collapse so uniformly - particularly when there's been little or no preceding damage. Full stop.
Wish you fecking would - gimp
 
#15
frenchperson said:
Is there anybody out there with the courage to stick their heads above the parapet and ask questions? Rather than huddle below it and snipe or deride

Yeah, here's a question - what the fuc4 are you on about?
 
#16
Despite many lunatics obfuscating the issue with their rantings, the fact remains that there are a lot of very puzzling questions about exactly what happened which still haven't been satisfactorily answered to this day.

The Warren (9/11) Commission was only set up to address the ostensible intelligence failings, its remit never covered the circumstances of the collapse of the buildings. So, as amazing as it may seem, there has never been a full enquiry into 9/11. I wonder why.

MsG
 
#17
Bugsy7 said:
Despite many lunatics obfuscating the issue with their rantings, the fact remains that there are a lot of very puzzling questions about exactly what happened which still haven't been satisfactorily answered to this day.

The Warren (9/11) Commission was only set up to address the ostensible intelligence failings, its remit never covered the circumstances of the collapse of the buildings. So, as amazing as it may seem, there has never been a full enquiry into 9/11. I wonder why.

MsG
And you'll still be wondering in 40 years or so. ever hear of a certain Mr Kennedy?
 
#18
stroker said:
Bugsy7 said:
Despite many lunatics obfuscating the issue with their rantings, the fact remains that there are a lot of very puzzling questions about exactly what happened which still haven't been satisfactorily answered to this day.

The Warren (9/11) Commission was only set up to address the ostensible intelligence failings, its remit never covered the circumstances of the collapse of the buildings. So, as amazing as it may seem, there has never been a full enquiry into 9/11. I wonder why.

MsG
And you'll still be wondering in 40 years or so. ever here of a certain Mr Kennedy?
Didn't he used to play for Cheltenham? :D :D :D

MsG
 
#19
Dogface said:
Bugsy7 said:
The Warren (9/11) Commission was only set up to address the ostensible intelligence failings, its remit never covered the circumstances of the collapse of the buildings. So, as amazing as it may seem, there has never been a full enquiry into 9/11. I wonder why.

Just what, and why, in the hell do you think the Warren Commission had to do with investigating events of, or leading to, 11 September 2001? :roll:
I'm sure there's a question in there somewhere, Muttmush. If you'd be so kind as to rephrase it to make it a little more comprehensible.......

MsG
 
#20
Dogface said:
Bugsy7 said:
The Warren (9/11) Commission was only set up to address the ostensible intelligence failings, its remit never covered the circumstances of the collapse of the buildings. So, as amazing as it may seem, there has never been a full enquiry into 9/11. I wonder why.

Just what, and why, in the hell do you think the Warren Commission had to do with investigating events of, or leading to, 11 September 2001? :roll: Just what in the hell do you think an investigation into the assassination of John F. Kennedy has to do with 11 September 2001?
They are implying DF, that there is some form of cover up of the real events, as many believe the assassination of JFK was. It really isnt that difficult to work out. You just have to use a modicum of intelligence
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MikeMcc The NAAFI Bar 8
F The Intelligence Cell 6
Jip Travolta The Intelligence Cell 6

Similar threads

Top