The Rational Practicality of Islam...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Rocketeer, Mar 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Excerpt from my local fishwrap:

" Many people toss in their sleep, but it's rare for a sleeper to toss out a marriage. Sohla Ansari told friends in India's West Bengal state that her husband, Aftab, had murmured the word " talaq "[ meaning divorce ], three times in his sleep.
    Under the Islamic rule of triple ' talaq ', saying " I Divorce You " three times constitutes a divorce. [ now I'm thinking here that maybe Sohela was a bit pissed off at ol Aftab and wanted to screw him over a bit ]
    When local Muslim leaders heard the tale, they said the fact that Mr. Ansari was asleep did not nullify the result. they toild the couple that they had to separate, even though the Ansaris have been married 11 years and have 3 children, profess to love each other and don't want to split up. so far they have defied the order [ oh oh.. could be problems there ]
    A family counselling centre is reviewing the case, and Muslim scholars are arguing over the degree of intention that must be present to justify treating pillow ' talaq' as absolute."

Bizarre, no question. but it does make an odd bit of sense that, if anything were to end a dream marriage, it would be a dream divorce...

getting my hat and coat...

2. How'd they hear about it? They must've heard about it from one of them or the local Muslim leaders actually share a bed with the couple.

3. Reading yes, but reading comprehension is clearly not your forte!

Bolded the important part for you...HINT: "loose lips sink ships"

I will help you with your affliction YOU ARE A STUPID CNUT

4. Can't see the problem really.

Law says you are now divorced. Fine no problems. We are getting married again tomorrow.

Good excuse for a piß up and load of pressies from the relatives.

Win/Win and perhaps it will teach them not to go blabbing what goes on in the night to "friends".

5. With friends like those the couple should be celebrities!!!!

6. Slight problem there -- before she can remarry him, she has to marry another man, "spend the night with" (i.e. screw) him,, and then be divorced -- by him.

7. how long before they are on Oprah?

8. sorr to digress but isn't that thread title a bit of an oxymoron?

9. Poterntial

um --- WAH!! - or as the Americans say: d'oh!

10. :? Well, thank you very much for that very mature post! Cool it. My point is if she said it, she deserves what she gets out of it.

11. stoatman wrote
    Is that their law?!!!

12. Aye:

http://www.localnewsleader.com/kindred/stories/index.php?action=fullnews&id=164759

Koranic basis:

I believe that the 100 days basis is the following verses, either side of 2.230:

A clearer indication of this in practice from the Traditions can be had from the Hadith, Bukhari Volume 3, Book 34, Number 264 (part):

As for the requirement to have sexual relations with the new husband, here is Bukhari Volume 3, Book 48, Number 807 (part), narrated by Mohammed's child bride:

13. As I understand, the main idea of this thread to demonstrate that Islam has some strange features. By the way, other religions have them too.

http://iafrica.com/news/worldnews/990845.htm

And where is a link to the original story?

14. Ohhhh can you imagine it, how b1oody unfortunate!
    I'd probably try and fashion a splint out of lollypop sticks or something to get the job done - if it all goes wrong at the very least I'll get to have a bit of a laugh :lol: :lol:

15. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

And splinters. Don't forget the splinters...